medhat

Badlands
First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS
I searched and came up with nothing, but would have expected someone by now to have tried this. I have the Yakima aero crossbars and 18 cf Skybox, but on the Yakima site it says "not compatible with panorama roof," which seems a bit odd. Anyone have this and/or alternatives. As the Skybox lives on the BS more and more (lengthy ski season), a modest investment in decreasing wind noise seems reasonable, not to mention the possibility of slightly improved MPG. Thanks.
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Maybe the “Panorama Roof” refers to the BS/FE moonroof. It does have a funky lift to it.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
You mean the fairing?
I can see the fairing would have impact to a sunroof that pops up and then open. Unless you can mount the fairing in front of the sunroof.

I have done this before with my other cars. But the roof rack crossbar has to be able to be mounted far up front for the fairing mounting arms to able to extend beyond the sunroof opening.

And yes… we are having a great long ski season out west. But I always remove the box if I know I won’t be using it the next weekend. Used my old Thule box the last 3 weeks and just took it off yesterday…. I noticed a couple of mpg improvements… it’s the box aerodynamics or I’m just not driving as fast as on a longer distance :)

OP
OP

medhat

Badlands
First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS
You mean the fairing?
I can see the fairing would have impact to a sunroof that pops up and then open. Unless you can mount the fairing in front of the sunroof.

I have done this before with my other cars. But the roof rack crossbar has to be able to be mounted far up front for the fairing mounting arms to able to extend beyond the sunroof opening.

And yes… we are having a great long ski season out west. But I always remove the box if I know I won’t be using it the next weekend. Used my old Thule box the last 3 weeks and just took it off yesterday…. I noticed a couple of mpg improvements… it’s the box aerodynamics or I’m just not driving as fast as on a longer distance :)
TY, appreciate the insights, and yes, I figured it depended on the placement of the front crossbar, as the fairing mounts there. What I think I'll end up doing is buying the fairing from someplace with a good return policy in case it doesn't work. Thanks again.
Sponsored