Anyone using an android auto wireless adapter ??

TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX / 2020 Lincoln Corsair
Let me ask you something...do you still have your phone paired to your car via SYNC or are you just paired to the Carsifi adapter? I'm asking because I have the same adapter and I find myself having to repair my phone to the adapter whenever I want to use Android Auto. It's almost like the SYNC bluetooth connection takes precedence over the Carsifi connection when I turn my car on.

When it works, it works beautifully. I just have to deal with the situation I described. Before you ask, I'm updated to the latest firmware. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Yes, I still have my phone paired with SYNC. So far, I haven't had to re-pair the phone (Samsung S21 FE 5G) so I can't complain. Of course, it could all go South, but we'll wait and see. Everything happens quite fast, so by the time I get my seat belt on, AA is running. Quite pleased.
Sponsored

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yes, I still have my phone paired with SYNC. So far, I haven't had to re-pair the phone (Samsung S21 FE 5G) so I can't complain. Of course, it could all go South, but we'll wait and see. Everything happens quite fast, so by the time I get my seat belt on, AA is running. Quite pleased.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm surprised my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is having the issues I described. When I get time, I may uninstall and reinstall everything to see if that helps.

TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback. I'm surprised my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is having the issues I described. When I get time, I may uninstall and reinstall everything to see if that helps.
I'd read somewhere that Android 12 on the Samsung had some issues with either AA or the adapter...but can't remember where. I also read that the issue had been resolved, so if you're up to date, everything I just said is a moot point. 😶 I did go into the Carsifi app and toggle the bluetooth setting for cars that have USB ports "on" after you shut the engine down. The BS does keep USB on for 10-15 minutes and the setting has Carsifi turn off as soon as it loses Bluetooth from the car. Now the phone connects to my home wi-fi as soon as the car is off...instead of trying to connect to Carsifi for another 10+ minutes. Just an "added feature" to me, though.

Side note: I never got wired or wireless AA to work very well using the USB type C port. Kept cutting in and out. The type A port works like a charm though...perhaps just my BS.

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'd read somewhere that Android 12 on the Samsung had some issues with either AA or the adapter...but can't remember where. I also read that the issue had been resolved, so if you're up to date, everything I just said is a moot point. 😶 I did go into the Carsifi app and toggle the bluetooth setting for cars that have USB ports "on" after you shut the engine down. The BS does keep USB on for 10-15 minutes and the setting has Carsifi turn off as soon as it loses Bluetooth from the car. Now the phone connects to my home wi-fi as soon as the car is off...instead of trying to connect to Carsifi for another 10+ minutes. Just an "added feature" to me, though.

Side note: I never got wired or wireless AA to work very well using the USB type C port. Kept cutting in and out. The type A port works like a charm though...perhaps just my BS.
You know what? I have definitely had that issue where my phone was still trying to connect to the Carsifi adapter after the car was off. I'm going to follow both of your suggestions and see if that changes my experience. Thanks!

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I have had mine installed for over a month now. No regrets.
It fails to connect far less that my OEM Samsung cord.

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak
So i ordered the motorola MA1 on april 14th( very hard to find) and am finally getting it saturday may 14th.. just wondering how your experience is and what device you are using.. no matter what cord i buy my android auto with a cord completely sucks..

Hi there. Are you satisfied with the product? Does it worth?

Rgds

schneid

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
armada
I have a Carsifi "wireless" in our OB. I had no problem getting it to connect but AA would not load on the OB head unit. For me, the FIX was to "Activate" Developer Settings in the Android Auto Phone app. You can get there via the Carsifi app or the AA for Phones Play Store app on your phone if it is still there*. Scroll to the Bottom and Tap "Version" ten times. Approve the choice in the Popup Window. Go to the Upper Left corner and Tap the 3 Dot symbol. Open Developer Settings again from the 3 Dot menu. Open Developer settings. Tick (check) "Add wireless projection to settings". Bingo, winner, winner, chicken dinner. I also Ticked (checked) "Collect GPS Data" and "Unknown Sources" as that is what the suggestions I found said to do.

No issues at all now. Starts by the time you get the seatbelt on and check your mirrors. And NO more WIRED connection required. Leave your phone in your pocket or purse. It is all done automatically.

*Note: The "AA for Phones" app is deprecated and no longer on the Play Store. You can still find it on APKMirror. There is also a newer version of AA there.

Last edited:

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I'm using Android Auto with Ford + Alexa. Works perfectly and gives all the features of Alexa including use of voice commands. It's available in Playstore.

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak
updates..... Charm is not so charmy.....

sometimes it takes some more time to connect, but the worst problem is that from one moment to another, the sound loses the BASS frequencies.....

removed it from the vehicle and asked for a refund on aliexpress.

Last edited:

TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
updates..... Charm is not so charmy.....

sometimes it takes some more time to connect, but the worst problem is that from one moment to another, the sound loses the BASS frequencies.....

removed it from the vehicle and asked for a refund on aliexpress.
That's unfortunate. CarLinkit has been around for a while. Seems like they would have had all that worked out. I can't complain about the response my Carsifi device delivers but that, of course, is subjective. It may be junk to better ears.

Hope you find something that works well for you!

schneid

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
armada
Carsifi is great. And the developers are Ukraine .