WillM1994

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Cactus Gray
I was interested in this also, I emailed the company to see if they had install instructions and never got a answer back. Just wondering if the whole bumper needs to come off, and how it mounts to the subframe ( if it does at all).
It claims no drilling or cutting necessary, but I have a hard believing that I was hoping someone on here had some real world experience with it let me know if they ever email you back I'd like to see the install instructions as well

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
It claims no drilling or cutting necessary, but I have a hard believing that I was hoping someone on here had some real world experience with it let me know if they ever email you back I'd like to see the install instructions as well
I sure will

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thats a nice looking bull bar. I just checked the Black Horse web site, they have installation instructions for the BS, not entirely clear, I need to look at the front of my BS to see if that will help with what the Black Horse instructions show.
Also interesting is that the price is higher and says unavailable on the Black Horse site.

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Every bull bar installation guide I've seen requires taking the front end off the BS.
BS BL & FE must discard their tow hooks to allow installation.
This Bull Bar appears to allow the front camera to maintain visibility, and the opening below ought to allow the driver assist unit to continue to provide warning/stopping unobstructed.
Please let us know if it works out; I'd love to add one to my BS FE.

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Those pictures of it on their website don't look like an installed bar. To me, they look photoshopped on the from of the BS only.
100% that's what it is. Until I see it actually installed on a vehicle I won't be too interested. But I'm also absolutely not interested in losing my recovery hooks and I have yet to see any nudge bar that keeps them in place so my expectations are pretty low

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
100% that's what it is. Until I see it actually installed on a vehicle I won't be too interested. But I'm also absolutely not interested in losing my recovery hooks and I have yet to see any nudge bar that keeps them in place so my expectations are pretty low
I would be okay with a bull bar that can ALSO serve as a recovery attachment point, but this one is made from 16 ga steel tubing. That's not sufficient to me.

OP
OP
WillM1994

WillM1994

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Cactus Gray
Found the install instructions and it looks similar to the rough country as far as install hard to tell though with as bad as the instructions are and I’m with you guys I want to actually see it on the bronco sport before I even consider it

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was interested in this also, I emailed the company to see if they had install instructions and never got a answer back. Just wondering if the whole bumper needs to come off, and how it mounts to the subframe ( if it does at all).
This ^^^^^ should be
on-line already.
If a company can't offer that detail I wouldn't buy it.

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
Id suggest avoiding these... I had one of these(well actually their Beacon one, has integrated light bar, and solid plate at bottom with a horse cut out(great aescetic for bronco though)) for my 2014 Forester XT(RIP). I wouldn't order it again... They shipped with the incorrect brackets to mount, so i couldn't install it initially. They did ship with install instructions that were... less than ideal but followable. I had issues though because I didn't have the brackets i was supposed to have(i think i had some full size truck ones).

Once mounted it , was designed to mounted below the vehicle on the factory tie down loops, so dropped ground clearance by about .5 inches, and massively impacted approach angle). The mounting system was easy, but was absolutely flimsy. There were 2 "outer " L portions and a big washer. The "outer L" pieces clamped on to one side of the factory tie down hook, the other side was a big washer and bolt that went through the eye. There was a couple degrees (5-10 ish) of play between the brackets and the factory tie down transport loops. Despite Loctite being used they were constantly coming loose(because once you torqued enough that they were approaching "tight" the brackets bent and would come loose again). If I was on a bumpy road the bumps would vibrate the bar enough that it would sag. the light bar was also slightly misaligned from factory(one end was recessed more than other inside the bar so you couldn't aim it straight completely only slightly to the left off of straight). I had 2 so mine wasn't a one off factory mistake. The initially one(I installed) and the 2nd one after an encounter with suicidal whitetail. The body shop said they "had to put it back to like pre accident" per insurance, so a second one, also mis aligned light bar. That was also loose and wobbly. But that is merely my 2 cents.
Sponsored

Last edited: