Anyone seen both the Outer banks and Badlands leather seats? Which is nicer?

OP
OP

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Test drove the Badlands with the Badlands package tonight. The dealership also had an Outer Banks on the showroom floor. There was a definite difference between the leather seats in each of them. The Badlands seats were far more comfortable.
What made them more comfortable? Are they different in shape or thickness?
Sponsored

OP
OP

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I am wondering the same thing, OB is being marketed as the more lux package .
I think the key seems to be the BL package. When you add that you get most of the luxury features added to the BL.

LeftyLynn

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Escape and 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
The Badlands package leather seats had much softer cushioning to them. The Outer Banks seats were stiffer. I felt like I was mattress shopping all over again. lol! I found there to be a very big difference in how comfortable I was sitting in each of them. Myself and the sales rep were both surprised by that, assuming Ford would use the same seats in both vehicles. I would have thought that the seats themselves would be the same across the Bronco Sport line and just the fabric finishing would be different.

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
Tha
The Badlands package leather seats had much softer cushioning to them. The Outer Banks seats were stiffer. I felt like I was mattress shopping all over again. lol! I found there to be a very big difference in how comfortable I was sitting in each of them. Myself and the sales rep were both surprised by that, assuming Ford would use the same seats in both vehicles. I would have thought that the seats themselves would be the same across the Bronco Sport line and just the fabric finishing would be different.
thanks!! Very interesting. She ordered the OB+OB+tow+360 and need to compare to BL plus same to evaluate the diff in cost.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2wd
I think certain exterior colors go better with navy and other look better with brown leather. I think Iā€™m going with the cloth seats though. I think the cyber orange paint and active orange cloth seats tie it all together on badlands trim . And Area 51 and interior and exterior are great combo on badlands too! Maybe in the future they will have a few more color trim interior accents to match other exterior colors. I realize itā€™s all subjective.

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Both a personal and somewhat popular opinion... The badlands leather looks great

a personal opinion and somewhat unpopular opinion... the outer banks leather looks good

Badlands is nicer
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone seen both the Outer banks and Badlands leather seats? Which is nicer? 8A3BBC99-BE3E-49AF-BF43-7A346211B093
Both a personal and somewhat popular opinion... The badlands leather looks great

a personal opinion and somewhat unpopular opinion... the outer banks leather looks good
Badlands is nicer
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone seen both the Outer banks and Badlands leather seats? Which is nicer? 8A3BBC99-BE3E-49AF-BF43-7A346211B093
What is that white panel beyond the far head rest? The B pillar? It doesnā€™t look right - like something that was tossed inside.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone seen both the Outer banks and Badlands leather seats? Which is nicer? 8E45979A-1503-47A1-8482-DC0C2FC7389B

Hereā€˜s the Outer Banks, not what I was expecting, from the pictures I saw when I ordered the Bronco.
Iā€™d love to know if we think Ford actually used real leather or if itā€™s more a leatherette. The only reason I didnā€™t go with OB is because I donā€™t want real leather. Settled for cloth seats in BB+BB

Edit: I know a lot of people would be very disappointed if Ford advertised as leather and then used the fake stuff, but it would personally make me very happy.

OP
OP

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Iā€™d love to know if we think Ford actually used real leather or if itā€™s more a leatherette. The only reason I didnā€™t go with OB is because I donā€™t want real leather. Settled for cloth seats in BB+BB

Edit: I know a lot of people would be very disappointed if Ford advertised as leather and then used the fake stuff, but it would personally make me very happy.
Some of the fake stuff actually hold up really well and it would resist darkening, unlike real leather.......I am wondering if the black seat section on the OB also has the brown perforations. So hard to tell from the photos.

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
Some of the fake stuff actually hold up really well and it would resist darkening, unlike real leather.......I am wondering if the black seat section on the OB also has the brown perforations. So hard to tell from the photos.
Yes the black has holes for ventilation. I agree as I have had all leather seats and the areas where BS has the fabric are the same that wear out or crack first on leather seats. Mainly I need power 8 way adjustable seats. I also agree that Ford only showed the BL leather in their marketing of the OB so was also under impression that was what I was getting when ordered. .

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
So whatā€™s the consensus? Do we think this is real leather or not? Again Iā€™m actually hoping for the fake stuff.