Anyone seen both the Outer banks and Badlands leather seats? Which is nicer?

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
For those of you who have seen both the Outer banks and Badlands leather seats, Which is nicer?
Sponsored

Meathanky

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
For those of you who have seen both the Outer banks and Badlands leather seats, Which is nicer?
( personal Opinion) the blue leather in OB is gross and the Black / Brown in Badlands screams Old Man. I think they dropped the ball with these and should of just offered Black leather seats so I went cloth. with the orange pops, It worked for Ferrari. I work with a lot of woman and for fun I've been showing the 2 tone leather seats and the common reaction is ewww... lol its become a game for me. I have looked at them so many times they have grown on me but not enough to switch my choice

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
... should of just offered Black leather seats ...
Having had black leather seats I can tell you they aren't made for sunny days. I used to have to leave the seat back forward when parked in the summer so I didn't burn the back of my legs when I got in. I went for the "Old Man" black/brown on my BL + BL... but then again, I probably am the old man on this forum o_O

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Another unpopular opinion, I wish the seats were all leather. I don’t care for the material (suede, microfiber, whatever it is) at the top of the brown leather. The badlands seats do look better in person though.

I’d really like to see both the outer banks seats in person. I think I would like both of those color options.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I know we’ve seen OB seats on here somewhere... someone wanna dig up the photos (or take new ideas you’re an owner) and repost below?

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I think the OB and FE share the same Navy Pier seats (not the unique First Edition leather trimmed seats listed on Ford.com). Both trims share the same order code: 9N. This would also explain why FE doesn’t have the rear under seat storage as it’s not available on OB. Someone posted video or stills of a OB preproduction interior (believe it was from a dealership visit. The seats matched the seats in @Steinfeld9 FE. Will see if I can find the pic.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I think the OB and FE share the same Navy Pier seats (not the unique First Edition leather trimmed seats listed on Ford.com). Both trims share the same order code: 9N. This would also explain why FE doesn’t have the rear under seat storage as it’s not available on OB. Someone posted video or stills of a OB preproduction interior (believe it was from a dealership visit. The seats matched the seats in @Steinfeld9 FE. Will see if I can find the pic.
I ordered an OB/OB. My window sticker says the interior is ebony roast leather trim.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I ordered an OB/OB. My window sticker says the interior is ebony roast leather trim.
Ah ha! Have First Edition on the brain... FWIW, that’s what I’d have gotten if I’d had a choice. Now I’ll be crawling back under my rock.

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
( personal Opinion) the blue leather in OB is gross and the Black / Brown in Badlands screams Old Man. I think they dropped the ball with these and should of just offered Black leather seats so I went cloth. with the orange pops, It worked for Ferrari. I work with a lot of woman and for fun I've been showing the 2 tone leather seats and the common reaction is ewww... lol its become a game for me. I have looked at them so many times they have grown on me but not enough to switch my choice
they are growing more and more on me
My wife and I are in a disagreement about the interior of OB vs BL. I like the BL leather and she likes OB pier navy. We test drive a Big Bend with cloth and manual seats as no other trim available in Va to drive. Definitely need power seats as manual not comfortable.

LeftyLynn

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Escape and 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Test drove the Badlands with the Badlands package tonight. The dealership also had an Outer Banks on the showroom floor. There was a definite difference between the leather seats in each of them. The Badlands seats were far more comfortable.
Sponsored