Anyone put on a large hood decal graphics yet?

broncgrl94

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOVING my Bronco Sport Outbanks
I just took delivery today of my OB + OB Area 51 and love it. I already blacked out the Ford logo on the back and put on the vinyl letters on the back to cover the white. Pretty easy and I'm happy with how they came out. While shopping for them I fell in love with this hood decal:

https://www.vortexsigns.com/car-decals/ford/ford-bronco-exterior-accessories-decals-stickers/bronco-sport/hood-vinyl-overlay-graphics-v1

I really want to order but am terrified of applying it myself. I'm pretty short and I don't want to spend the money to have it come out crooked or have bubbles. Anyone done one of these yet?

Another thing I considered was asking if the shop I'm going to get my windows tinted at would be willing to put it on if I paid a little extra.

Any feedback or experience would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
I just took delivery today of my OB + OB Area 51 and love it. I already blacked out the Ford logo on the back and put on the vinyl letters on the back to cover the white. Pretty easy and I'm happy with how they came out. While shopping for them I fell in love with this hood decal:

https://www.vortexsigns.com/car-decals/ford/ford-bronco-exterior-accessories-decals-stickers/bronco-sport/hood-vinyl-overlay-graphics-v1

I really want to order but am terrified of applying it myself. I'm pretty short and I don't want to spend the money to have it come out crooked or have bubbles. Anyone done one of these yet?

Another thing I considered was asking if the shop I'm going to get my windows tinted at would be willing to put it on if I paid a little extra.

Any feedback or experience would be greatly appreciated!
I think that would be the perfect idea to have them do it if they will. Since its pretty much already pre cut I am sure they wont charge a fortune and it would be worth the $$ to have it done right if you are worried about doing it on your own.

Pete_72

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
My wife wanted something subtle so we went with matt black flag on our dark blue BS. Something that size you definitely want to use a wet method to apply. I applied it myself but I’ve done large vinyl on Rv’s in the past so it wasn’t my first time.

OP
OP

broncgrl94

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOVING my Bronco Sport Outbanks
My wife wanted something subtle so we went with matt black flag on our dark blue BS. Something that size you definitely want to use a wet method to apply. I applied it myself but I’ve done large vinyl on Rv’s in the past so it wasn’t my first time.
I’m not familiar with the wet method. Would you be willing to elaborate for me?

Pete_72

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
HAHA much better than having to elaborate the entire technique on your own!
Yes, much easier lol. The videos have all the details needed, I might miss something if I tried to explain it.
Sponsored