Anyone planning on going to one of the Bronco Off-Roadeo events?

pkensler

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I am looking at the Texas location. My vehicle was just verified, but when I went to find dates I learned they only have certain dates for BS owners (and none of the locations have 2022 dates for BS owners as of last weekend).

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am looking at the Texas location. My vehicle was just verified, but when I went to find dates I learned they only have certain dates for BS owners (and none of the locations have 2022 dates for BS owners as of last weekend).
that was my problem. I want Nevada or Moab as they are close. …. Ish.

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I attended the 2-day Texas Bronco Off-Roadeo in Sept. along side the Big Broncos.

All future BS events are advertised as 1-day, for BS only, and on Saturdays.

This is a good thing, b/c Big Bronco owners get longer training sessions, spend more time behind the wheel, navigate water features, and end the day with a "thrilling course ride driven by professional drivers."

By separating the BS from the Bigs, we won't see the disparities. If I hadn't seen the preferential treatment, I would have been satisfied.

The location is fantastic, the people are terrific, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable, the courses were engaging. The SWAG is 1st class; so is the food.

I drove a BS FE, similar to my own, over terrain I never imagined possible. We covered angles, rescue, towing, safety, BS technology, and used almost every GOAT mode!!
I am more confident in the capabilities of my BS, and my own skills.

But, we paid the same Room Rates at the preferred luxury resort, Air Fare to/from TX, Rental car (a BS BB), burned vacation days ... and left feeling like a 2nd class Bronco owner.
Especially frustrating b/c my FE wasn't cheap.

We arrived at the same scheduled time, but sat in the lobby for 1.25 hours waiting for our turn. And our day ended 30-min sooner.
Bigs got wet, we stayed dry.
Bigs ended each day with the advertised "white knuckle, adrenaline thrill ride"
BS were not allowed to participate. "We're not allowed to get the BS airborne"
We asked to go in Bigs.
No can do.

"Adrenaline" is False advertising.
Uphill we averaged 7-MPH. Downhill avg 2-MPH.

This was an excellent training event! I learned a lot! - but it was not the thrilling event portrayed in the multiple adverts and online videos that showed BS running through the courses.

Lastly, the extra insurance was wasted money on the BS courses.

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Good Luck; they're only letting Bronco Sport owners go to Texas location. The rest are for big broncos only. Seems kinda bait-and-switch to me. They put it on the Monroney so it should be part of the sale.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I attended the 2-day Texas Bronco Off-Roadeo in Sept. along side the Big Broncos.

All future BS events are advertised as 1-day, for BS only, and on Saturdays.

This is a good thing, b/c Big Bronco owners get longer training sessions, spend more time behind the wheel, navigate water features, and end the day with a "thrilling course ride driven by professional drivers."

By separating the BS from the Bigs, we won't see the disparities. If I hadn't seen the preferential treatment, I would have been satisfied.

The location is fantastic, the people are terrific, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable, the courses were engaging. The SWAG is 1st class; so is the food.

I drove a BS FE, similar to my own, over terrain I never imagined possible. We covered angles, rescue, towing, safety, BS technology, and used almost every GOAT mode!!
I am more confident in the capabilities of my BS, and my own skills.

But, we paid the same Room Rates at the preferred luxury resort, Air Fare to/from TX, Rental car (a BS BB), burned vacation days ... and left feeling like a 2nd class Bronco owner.
Especially frustrating b/c my FE wasn't cheap.

We arrived at the same scheduled time, but sat in the lobby for 1.25 hours waiting for our turn. And our day ended 30-min sooner.
Bigs got wet, we stayed dry.
Bigs ended each day with the advertised "white knuckle, adrenaline thrill ride"
BS were not allowed to participate. "We're not allowed to get the BS airborne"
We asked to go in Bigs.
No can do.

"Adrenaline" is False advertising.
Uphill we averaged 7-MPH. Downhill avg 2-MPH.

This was an excellent training event! I learned a lot! - but it was not the thrilling event portrayed in the multiple adverts and online videos that showed BS running through the courses.
Thanks for your review. I’d been lamenting that a trip to Texas just might not be in the cards for 2022, but as excellent though it may be, I might just have to take another trip to Texas further in the future when it makes more sense for me & not try to hit up the roadeo.

pkensler

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thank you for the excellent review / recap!

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
It appears the Bronco Sport dates are all booked for the rest of 2021, and that they haven't released any 2022 dates yet.
They only were releasing 1 month in advance dates.

tristanm228

Big Bend
First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm hoping they open them soon to Non-Badlands owners, it sounds like they will eventually open them up to Non-Badlands Sport owners and the general public

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Hopes dashed for now. Got a quick reply back.
Given how much attention Ford devotes to the FordPass App I guess it's too much to hope it could update the auto emailer to differentiate between Bronco and Bronco Sport owners.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Hopes dashed for now. Got a quick reply back.
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone planning on going to one of the Bronco Off-Roadeo events? 1642088527428
Boooo! A lot of people are approaching the 1 year mark of ownership. They need to step up and extend that time if they aren't going to make dates available. They already shortened the time to 1/2 a day as evidenced by the email you got. I wonder how you get on that list? I didn't get one.

OP
OP
NorCal67

NorCal67

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
D
Boooo! A lot of people are approaching the 1 year mark of ownership. They need to step up and extend that time if they aren't going to make dates available. They already shortened the time to 1/2 a day as evidenced by the email you got. I wonder how you get on that list? I didn't get one.
Did you pre-register and have your vehicle qualified? Agree we need more dates and locations, or some sort of compensation.
Sponsored