Anyone plan to upgrade their exhaust on the 2.0?

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The fake engine sounds in sport mode got me thinking. Is anyone planning on pulling the fake sound fuse and upgrading to an exhaust that has a little deeper sound? Asking for a friend. LOL
Sponsored

Kokopelli

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, FJ Cruiser, Yamaha Kodiak
YES.. The Bronco is in great need of a voice (exhaust upgrade). It kinda reminds me of the stock exhaust on my Yamaha Kodiak. I fixed the Kodiak with a Barkers system, so I'll await a suitable system for the Bronco.

Speed Devil

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 19 Ram Rebel
On my old Focus ST (2.0L turbo) I just went to a good exhaust shop and had them replace the resonator with a straight pipe, so I only had a CPE high-flow cat and the stock muffler. That ended up being just the right amount of sound for me, without droning on the highway.
Always a perfect combo, dont need much more than that anyway.

Anyone release anything yet?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The fake engine sounds in sport mode got me thinking. Is anyone planning on pulling the fake sound fuse and upgrading to an exhaust that has a little deeper sound? Asking for a friend. LOL
I haven't seen/heard that anything like that is possible -- rather the opposite, that it isn't....?

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Most 4 cyl turbo cars sound good with exhaust. 4 cyl without turbo loud exhaust sounds like dog doo

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'd rather have the fake sound than the droan of a fart can. Maybe if I was 20 something, then again this is supposed to be an off road vehicle, people and animals don't need to know I'm on the trail.

Bronco(maybe?)

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My 4 cylinder wrx had a great factory exhaust. No rice at all. It had a deep note at full acceleration. At half throttle and under you could hardly hear it. No fart can- great sound. The cold start was amazing!

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That's the biggest issue, unless you are purposely accelerating at a moderate pace, or driving using the manual shift mode the tranny shifts to the highest gears possible for economy, then the exhaust sounds like a**, it's like what's the point, this isn't a Focus RS, Abarth or WRX.
In this case for me I can find better things to spend money on, maybe if I crush the exhaust offroad or it rusts out I'll be interested.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Everyone realizes this is a 2.0 4 cylinder right? Good luck putting an exhaust on it to get a "Deep" sound. It will sound like one of those rice slot cars.
I'm sorry but I'm old school.
3 and 4 bangers sound like crap. Even when hot rodded by the kids.
When it comes to sound there is no replacement for displacement.

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
if you remove the middle silencer and apply direct escape, is it possible to listen to the engine a little more?

I have been thinking about this...

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone plan to upgrade their exhaust on the 2.0? 2021-ford-bronco-sport-first-edition (4)
Sponsored

Last edited: