Anyone off road with base to OB versions?

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
I am looking for 1st hand accounts of anyone that has experienced off road driving that do NOT have the FE or BL editions. I watched a video of a base model keeping up with the big brother Bronco (link below) however in part 2 of that video it did not quite make it all the way, understandably.

I have the OB and I have experience with off road driving with my 2020 Tacoma TRD OR with 3" lift and 285/70R17's.... but that is a different beast. I just unable to find many videos or off road adventure articles in non-BL/FE Bronco Sports.

Sponsored

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am looking for 1st hand accounts of anyone that has experienced off road driving that do NOT have the FE or BL editions. I watched a video of a base model keeping up with the big brother Bronco (link below) however in part 2 of that video it did not quite make it all the way, understandably.

I have the OB and I have experience with off road driving with my 2020 Tacoma TRD OR with 3" lift and 285/70R17's.... but that is a different beast. I just unable to find many videos or off road adventure articles in non-BL/FE Bronco Sports.

Do you have a specific terrain you're interested in? Like mud and snow, or like sand and rock?

OP
OP
RRD

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a specific terrain you're interested in? Like mud and snow, or like sand and rock?
I know I will not do "rock crawling" like I could in the Taco. Looking at going to remote camp sites/areas that would have a combo of snow/water/mud. Forest road like areas.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I know I will not do "rock crawling" like I could in the Taco. Looking at going to remote camp sites/areas that would have a combo of snow/water/mud. Forest road like areas.
If Subaru can make it so can a Sport Base.

OP
OP
RRD

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If Subaru can make it so can a Sport Base.
Well it can go a lot of places the Subaru will not. Why I am looking for 1st hand experience. I have a ton of youtube videos and 2nd hand "knowledge" of what it SHOULD do.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
First off, I didn't bother seeing someone off road after he was going out without any experience. If you have no experience, doesn't matter if you have a BL, FE, OB, BB, or base model if the driver doesn't know how to handle the conditions there are gonna be extreme limitations or issues. I watched up to the point that this is his first SUV but he knows how to drive a car. LMFAO, I'm sure that's why he learned it's not the same thing.

OP
OP
RRD

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First off, I didn't bother seeing someone off road after he was going out without any experience. If you have no experience, doesn't matter if you have a BL, FE, OB, BB, or base model if the driver doesn't know how to handle the conditions there are gonna be extreme limitations or issues. I watched up to the point that this is his first SUV but he knows how to drive a car. LMFAO, I'm sure that's why he learned it's not the same thing.
Yes, what I am looking for is 1st hand knowledge of those that HAVE gone off road with Base/BB/OB trims and not BL/FE editions. I have plenty of off road experience but that is all in dedicated off-road rigs that have been modified, like my old Tacoma.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yes, what I am looking for is 1st hand knowledge of those that HAVE gone off road with Base/BB/OB trims and not BL/FE editions. I have plenty of off road experience but that is all in dedicated off-road rigs that have been modified, like my old Tacoma.
I have been to NJ Pine Barrens. I too was with a group and they were very impressed with what we threw at it. The only time I got stuck was my fault cause I was so excited when I shifted into drive after airing down and turning traction control off (FORD, THIS IS MY ONLY COMPLAINT: It should not have to be a 6 step procedure from maps on Android auto to turning off traction control. Fire that dumbass who thought we wouldn't care!) I drive off and at the first feature I ease in and get stuck, look down and forgot Low. I backup and off I went without an issue. That was my first trip behind the wheel off road since I gave up my 89 Bronco Eddie Bauer red tan in 1998 for 94 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra. Closest after that was WRX but that was just flat dirt if off road. I forgot what fun it was and I'll be headed to MA and NH this week. I am very happy with the creature comforts I chose in the OB vs BL. I don't plan on doing rock crawling anytime soon and personally i would want something bigger than the BS offers for that.

OP
OP
RRD

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been to NJ Pine Barrens. I too was with a group and they were very impressed with what we threw at it. The only time I got stuck was my fault cause I was so excited when I shifted into drive after airing down and turning traction control off (FORD, THIS IS MY ONLY COMPLAINT: It should not have to be a 6 step procedure from maps on Android auto to turning off traction control. Fire that dumbass who thought we wouldn't care!) I drive off and at the first feature I ease in and get stuck, look down and forgot Low. I backup and off I went without an issue. That was my first trip behind the wheel off road since I gave up my 89 Bronco Eddie Bauer red tan in 1998 for 94 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra. Closest after that was WRX but that was just flat dirt if off road. I forgot what fun it was and I'll be headed to MA and NH this week. I am very happy with the creature comforts I chose in the OB vs BL. I don't plan on doing rock crawling anytime soon and personally i would want something bigger than the BS offers for that.
Awesome! Thank you.

And I agree, everything in Sync should be within 3 clicks, when I was doing web development we had a rule.. no more then 3 clicks to anything.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks

Our off road driving has been limited to soft dirt and sand. We have not yet gone to any 4 wheel drive trails. I put 255/55/17 on our OB for a little wider foot print. The adaptive all wheel drive has performed very well. I air down to about 28 psi so I can drive on the highway without airing up again. Sometimes in the soft dirt I hear ridges rub on the bottom but no harm done.

Reactions: RRD

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
There is a thread where a BB owner did some great short videos of his BB , don't remember what thread it was in , but AI commented on it .
Sponsored