Anyone know if the base or big bend have a port for a front camera?

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Ru
Just wondering if there is an input on the back of the dash/stereo head unit (sync) to allow for a front camera to plug in. I just noticed a badlands with a front camera.
Sponsored

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Ford has an OEM camera that plugs in up behind the mirror. $190ish, which isn't bad.
However, dealer service techs said they had to partially pull the headliner and set it up. They said the job would take 1-2 hours so the service fee is almost as much as the camera. They have the part I just haven't committed to giving them the vehicle yet...

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Ru
Ford has an OEM camera that plugs in up behind the mirror. $190ish, which isn't bad.
However, dealer service techs said they had to partially pull the headliner and set it up. They said the job would take 1-2 hours so the service fee is almost as much as the camera. They have the part I just haven't committed to giving them the vehicle yet...
if the head unit has a port, there are cameras for less than $20 all over Ave easy to install. Just did one on my Jeep. However, we are looking at the big bend model now. Probably have to wait until they get this chip issue taken care of before we buy one.
Sponsored