Anyone installed a dash cam in Bronco Sport yet?

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a ThinkWare U1000. I really didn't want a block that sticks to my windshield. I wanted something small. But after much deliberation, I decided to go for that. It's not obtrusive to my view or anything, so I'm pleased with it. I stuck the rear camera to the plastic trim instead of the glass because it made wire routing cleaner and easier, plus moved it more out of the way visually.

I normally have my V1 mounted just to the left of the front camera but the adhesive let loose so I need to clean off the old goop and figure up a new mounting method...

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone installed a dash cam in Bronco Sport yet? 86r7Kf2

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone installed a dash cam in Bronco Sport yet? VNft6o

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone installed a dash cam in Bronco Sport yet? Kb1qi4S

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone installed a dash cam in Bronco Sport yet? 0iCH125

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone installed a dash cam in Bronco Sport yet? yqHWpc1

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone installed a dash cam in Bronco Sport yet? V8lpS1Y

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone installed a dash cam in Bronco Sport yet? Y7nw7v

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
I use a Vantrue N4 on my Mustang. Havent put one in the Bronco yet. I needed one that would withstand the Florida heat and get 3 views. Been going strong for a year now. Only downfall is no wifi.

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
I also installed a V1 to the left of the mirror. Tucking the wire was easy. Stuffing it into the black plastic around the mirror was one of the harder parts, but I've since learned how easy it is to just pop the plastic off.

Wiring into the fuse panel was a different story. Turns out I don't have any empty fuse slots that are switched sources that don't cut power with the auto-start/stop. I spent a ton of time testing each and every one. Very annoying. Almost as annoying as listening to my V1 boot up at every stoplight....

I also learned if your RJ11 wire is too long it won't work correctly. I bought something like a 10' wire to make sure I had plenty, but decided to take the lazy route and not cut it down to size. After about an hour of troubleshooting I figured out it was just too long to work. Cut it down to just the length I needed and now it works.
Good information, much thanks!

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Here is "1080p" mounted behind the mirror
Sponsored