Anyone install Yakima Platform K?

BRBronco

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2022
Hi All, does anyone have a Yakima Platform K installed? Do you need a rack for that or it fits with only with the towers. Can you put some photos of it installed? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've got the B installed ;-) I did not use racks, i put it directly attached to the rails. It is nice, and the modularity is killer. Getting it straight is a bit tough. You won't want to take it up and down... BUT.... you could. I do with the awning, as it easily goes on and off in around 5min. I have since finished up the installation with all 4 rails. One is offset about 6in to account for putting up the awning.

There IS a hit on the MPG with wind (we get alot here in the desert) and/or over 65-70 you notice it there. Wind noise is there, but not bad.

I think it is the .... I can't remember the part names. Their wizard will walk you through what you need on your bronco sport. They are good with talking on phone for advice as well. I did.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Yakima Platform K? IMG_1615.JPEG
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Yakima Platform K? IMG_1616.JPEG
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Yakima Platform K? IMG_1617.JPEG
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Yakima Platform K? IMG_1619.JPEG

OP
OP

BRBronco

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2022
Thanks a lot! My biggest concern is if the "K" will fit without the rails. I couldn't find the info on Yakima web site. As I live overseas, I can't afford to buy the wrong one!
Sponsored