Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Has anybody installed one of these, if so how was your experience?

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 13
Sponsored

BjB13

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
Haven’t done that yet on this whip. Not sure where exactly I want my switches and buttons or how may I may want or need. I did add this temporary set up for now while exploring my options. Currently only has one push button but can fit more than one switch. And it took minutes. I know it’s not exactly what you were looking for. But I would guess it wouldn’t be very hard.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? F10FC453-2926-4A69-B0A4-39E18C289C48

BjB13

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
Above the driver door hinge is a grommet that ends up right behind your dash so running wires should be easy. Just the cutting, not sure what is behind there exactly

OP
OP
Alfredo

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Haven’t done that yet on this whip. Not sure where exactly I want my switches and buttons or how may I may want or need. I did add this temporary set up for now while exploring my options. Currently only has one push button but can fit more than one switch. And it took minutes. I know it’s not exactly what you were looking for. But I would guess it wouldn’t be very hard.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? F10FC453-2926-4A69-B0A4-39E18C289C48
I have already done the installation, the picture of the switch assembly mounted is mine, I was wondering if anybody else had as much trouble as I did with this particular switch assembly. Switch 1 operates my front fog lights, switch 2 operates the lights around the cargo basket, switch 3 is not used at the moment.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I was debating putting a switch box up in the sunglasses holder (don't care about the holder so...) since there is a nice hole there, or in the recess just behind it by the sunroof depending what is back there. Would look nice and be out of the way. Likely, in the sunglasses holder for me though.

OP
OP
Alfredo

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
I was debating putting a switch box up in the sunglasses holder (don't care about the holder so...) since there is a nice hole there, or in the recess just behind it by the sunroof depending what is back there. Would look nice and be out of the way. Likely, in the sunglasses holder for me though.
I considered that location too, it is a very nice location for a gang switch assembly however, the assembly I had did not fit there at all. The terminals of the switches and the wiring between them, requires at least two inches of clearance in the back. A mini switch assembly if there's such a thing might fit. The current location was the only place with enough clearance behind it to fit, and still had to trim away part of the dash support to make it fit.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 1

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 11

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 4

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 5

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 5A

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 6

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 7

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 8

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 9

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 12

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I considered that location too, it is a very nice location for a gang switch assembly however, the assembly I had did not fit there at all. The terminals of the switches and the wiring between them, requires at least two inches of clearance in the back. A mini switch assembly if there's such a thing might fit. The current location was the only place with enough clearance behind it to fit, and still had to trim away part of the dash support to make it fit.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 1

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 11

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 4

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 5

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 5A

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 6

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 7

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 8

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 9

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install gang AUX switches? 12

A very good point. I have not wired in stuff in decades, so am rusty. That switch box you have is one I was thinking of. I would prefer it mounted where I can see it properly though. Hmmmm. Perhaps a bolt on box? Will have to think on it. Thanks for showing it wired. I have a much better idea of how bulky it is now!

kingtj

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ok ... dumb question maybe, but what about that rectangular cover plate near the bottom of the dash panel? It looks like it's a punch-out to add a single rocker switch? Will one of them snap perfectly into that opening if you only want to add one switch?

OP
OP
Alfredo

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Ok ... dumb question maybe, but what about that rectangular cover plate near the bottom of the dash panel? It looks like it's a punch-out to add a single rocker switch? Will one of them snap perfectly into that opening if you only want to add one switch?
If I remember correctly, that location has an emergency hood opener behind that tab. it's red and you can see it in photos 6 and 8. there is also metal frame support parts that are in the way.
Sponsored