retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
What happens to all the dirt, grit, and salt that collects in the gap underneath the plastic and the hood over time?
Can't say. I've had mine on for several weeks and it is flush on the hood. Dirt build up has not been a problem. It's held on with 3M tape. Don't know what will happen over the long haul.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Install today

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? 813E6C57-87C4-4CA5-B7B8-841A9A419035

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? 33E6C31D-8C56-4EB4-AA2D-6B847B444300
Btw, when I watched the Ford guys install mine one of them used a razor blade to cut out some of the tape and a small notch along the edge to achieve the drainage. I was pleased to know he had experience to consider that as I wouldn’t have thought myself. Looks so good though, I like your color contrast!

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
@Bpreston can you elaborate on where the dealer notched the tape?

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
@Bpreston can you elaborate on where the dealer notched the tape?
In the center when you flip the protector over there is already a gap where the tape is left open. The guy cut out a section of about an inch on the area that adheres to the hood above the gap and the a small notch in the outer edge. I’ll snap a quick pic and post if it’s easy to see.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
In the center when you flip the protector over there is already a gap where the tape is left open. The guy cut out a section of about an inch on the area that adheres to the hood above the gap and the a small notch in the outer edge. I’ll snap a quick pic and post if it’s easy to see.
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? F6C00275-B8A6-4D64-BFB3-2348C544C0A3

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Install today

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? 813E6C57-87C4-4CA5-B7B8-841A9A419035

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? 33E6C31D-8C56-4EB4-AA2D-6B847B444300
Have you noticed an increase in movement of your hood on the interstate? I can’t tell if mine is due to wind picking up the last two days or the addition of this hood protector.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Have you noticed an increase in movement of your hood on the interstate? I can’t tell if mine is due to wind picking up the last two days or the addition of this hood protector.
I have noticed an increased movement on the hood. I have the smoked hood protector on my BB.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have noticed an increased movement on the hood. I have the smoked hood protector on my BB.
Interesting.... I mean, it's far better than the paint damage for sure... But a slight annoyance at 80 mph.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
To All:
My concern of this hood protector is starting to increase, I do not believe that the tradeoff is worth it with the hood movement at 80+ mph. In addition, I believe that the wind increase over the car is causing the roof rails to make more noise... Am I just hearing things I wasn't before? It now seems like the car is less stable and I had such issues with my last car in this arena. I am just pissed that I have spent $36k and this is what I am having to worry about. I am supposed to have my car at the dealership soon, which was to install this hood protector, now I may want it off and for them to go over this damn car. I am close to putting it up for sale and taking a slight beating if needed in order to get out of it while I can.
Can anyone instill some confidence in me and keeping this car?

CanineChamp

First Edition
First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mork
To All:
My concern of this hood protector is starting to increase, I do not believe that the tradeoff is worth it with the hood movement at 80+ mph. In addition, I believe that the wind increase over the car is causing the roof rails to make more noise... Am I just hearing things I wasn't before? It now seems like the car is less stable and I had such issues with my last car in this arena. I am just pissed that I have spent $36k and this is what I am having to worry about. I am supposed to have my car at the dealership soon, which was to install this hood protector, now I may want it off and for them to go over this damn car. I am close to putting it up for sale and taking a slight beating if needed in order to get out of it while I can.
Can anyone instill some confidence in me and keeping this car?
You want to trade in the car because you don't like the hood protector?
Sponsored