Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Soooo........with mixed reviews in this forum about the hood protector, what do the majority say about getting them? Use a wrap on the hood before installing? I like the look of it on the vehicle but if it is going to damage the paint or hood later on down the road, whats the point of getting it. what about all the junk getting caught between the hood and the protector? I have so many freagin questions. Just trying to cover all the bases before I make a purchase.
I just came back from a little trip , I have had mine on from new back in February 2021 ,works fantastic with no issues at all ,bugs fly up and over the roof .Would highly recommend it . Goes great with the trim on bronco . On the middle there’s a cut out for water drainage.
BEE68512-4B58-40E2-89AD-FDBA58766B72.png
Advertisement

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I just came back from a little trip , I have had mine on from new back in February 2021 ,works fantastic with no issues at all ,bugs fly up and over the roof .Would highly recommend it . Goes great with the trim on bronco . On the middle there’s a cut out for water drainage.
BEE68512-4B58-40E2-89AD-FDBA58766B72.png
I agree; I love mine as well. The functionality and the look. I know its just an adhesive; but I've had adhesive aftermarket accessories on older cars and never had an issue 🤷‍♂️

First Name
Fabian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for the input y’all. I really like the way it looks, was just concerned of any damage that might happen. Fixin’ to order the textured one. Will post picks once I get it and install.

KAnoe

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek
Soooo........with mixed reviews in this forum about the hood protector, what do the majority say about getting them? Use a wrap on the hood before installing? I like the look of it on the vehicle but if it is going to damage the paint or hood later on down the road, whats the point of getting it. what about all the junk getting caught between the hood and the protector? I have so many freagin questions. Just trying to cover all the bases before I make a purchase.

Fabian,

I'm getting PPX on the front end and pillars. I'm also having a decal installed on the hood. The shop that is doing it is going to install the decal then PPX and then the hood Protector.

Hope this helps.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Fabian,

I'm getting PPX on the front end and pillars. I'm also having a decal installed on the hood. The shop that is doing it is going to install the decal then PPX and then the hood Protector.

Hope this helps.
I would be somewhat cautious of the hood protector adhesion to your PPX , at 80 or 90 mph with a gust of high winds . I know the 3 m is capabie .

mdub

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
With as fragile as the paint has been on these, what's the likelihood of the adhesive doing paint damage itself?

SM05

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Installed it last night using the above posted video as a guide. After centering the protector I used low adhesion masking tape to mark the installation boundaries. That allowed me to keep prep are contained and made for somewhat easier install. I'd say if you have someone to help you hold one end it'd probably work the best.
20210904_182814_1280x720.jpg

Kraken

Base
First Name
Dylan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
The bug guard works very well. Here's the results of a 900 mile roadtrip this weekend.

The entire front end and roof rail are covered in bugs, but there were only a few splatters on the windshield. I'm impressed.

IMG_20210908_162951237_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210908_163022326_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210908_162731445_HDR.jpg

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
AVS Smoke on my OB
fullsizeoutput_719.jpeg
After having the AVS deflector on for awhile how do you like it? Stay on pretty good? I want to go this route, lower profile than the one with the higher deflector. Thanks.

Flash

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sorry all but this is just a personal opinion but I think looks like shit . do a clear guard or ceramic coating
I agree completely, but what do I know?

I haven't seen plastic hood protectors since the 1960s.

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2019 Miata RF 30AE
I think I'm going to stop off at the dealer and order one using my FordPass points.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Badlands edition as well, noted... I am developing a theory here. So far, the First Edition guys aren't seeing anything. Hmm...
Badlands here, no hood ornaments installed (deflectors or other trim), and I have noticed "gentle" vibration of the rear-center area of the hood circa highway speeds. I chalked it up to being an aluminum hood with little support under it in that section. Perhaps stiffening would help, or support from underneath. Either way it'll need to be something that doesn't concentrate the force to smaller areas and just increase the likelihood of work-hardening of the aluminum.

Hood has factory-installed insulation sheet.

Advertisement

Advertisement