Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I can only go by my own experiences. The fact that Ford has been apparently been so "sneaky" with this panel speaks volumes to me.
I've learned over the years that unless you evidence otherwise to never attribute to malice that which may be explained by incompetence. It's certainly possible that Ford deleted parts from cars without informing potential customers to make more money. It's also possible Ford simply can't get these parts and believes people would rather buy cars without these parts installed than not at all.

Compared to other manufacturers, Ford appears to have mishandled the supply chain disruption. For example, it took a $1 billion loss to prompt corporate leadership to rethink its supply strategies. Stupidity is not underhanded, although it can certainly appear that way sometimes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
I'm looking for that panel parts and the necessary kit to install it. it just looks like a trim piece fasteners.

what is the proper part number?? any regular trim fastener would work??

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I'm looking for that panel parts and the necessary kit to install it. it just looks like a trim piece fasteners.

what is the proper part number?? any regular trim fastener would work??
This is from post #450:

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1670476398309

No fasteners needed -- it just snaps into place.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I'm now 78 years old. I've been in vehicle maintenance all my life. I don't want to waste my time and fight with Ford about missing items. My '23 OBX is being built as we speak. I already bought the missing fuse panel cover and engine cover. I will install them myself. If need be, I will buy the illuminated cup holders and install those. I don't mind spending a few hundred dollars to make my vehicle the way I want it. I also do my own oil changes and tire rotations. After I purchase my vehicle, my dealer won't see me until it's trade-in time unless I have a warranty problem.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I'm now 78 years old. I've been in vehicle maintenance all my life. I don't want to waste my time and fight with Ford about missing items. My '23 OBX is being built as we speak. I already bought the missing fuse panel cover and engine cover. I will install them myself. If need be, I will buy the illuminated cup holders and install those. I don't mind spending a few hundred dollars to make my vehicle the way I want it. I also do my own oil changes and tire rotations. After I purchase my vehicle, my dealer won't see me until it's trade-in time unless I have a warranty problem.
Yep best solution add the stuff you want on there yourself and be done with it.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
I've learned over the years that unless you evidence otherwise to never attribute to malice that which may be explained by incompetence. It's certainly possible that Ford deleted parts from cars without informing potential customers to make more money. It's also possible Ford simply can't get these parts and believes people would rather buy cars without these parts installed than not at all.

Compared to other manufacturers, Ford appears to have mishandled the supply chain disruption. For example, it took a $1 billion loss to prompt corporate leadership to rethink its supply strategies. Stupidity is not underhanded, although it can certainly appear that way sometimes.
"I've learned over the years that unless you evidence otherwise to never attribute to malice that which may be explained by incompetence. "

I love this. This is an ethos I apply in my work life, and what I stress to my team. It's easy, when you run into conflict, to see the worst. I stress the importance of trusting in people's good intentions. Sure - you may be proven wrong, so deal with it appropriately at that time. But until then, see the bad as a likely result of somebody's sincere intentions.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
I'm only holding out on buying parts in the off chance my BS shows up with them (or some). The first BS I bought didn't have them, so I ordered and installed the missing pieces. Prepared to do the same for this second one, if needed.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
"I've learned over the years that unless you evidence otherwise to never attribute to malice that which may be explained by incompetence. "

I love this. This is an ethos I apply in my work life, and what I stress to my team. It's easy, when you run into conflict, to see the worst. I stress the importance of trusting in people's good intentions. Sure - you may be proven wrong, so deal with it appropriately at that time. But until then, see the bad as a likely result of somebody's sincere intentions.
I don't disagree, it's good to assume the best, but I'd say that it does not have to be a hard and fast policy.

For example, I've posted here on the BS Forum about how we were lied to at our local dealer about:

* The Ford Price Protection Program.
* Whether labor is included in the cost of dealer installed accessories.
* Whether the $1,000 Ford Order Incentive applied.

Do I know for a FACT, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we were intentionally lied to? No. However, the dealership employees involved all have over a decade of experience selling Fords. So the chance of them truly being: unaware of the Price Protection Program; mistaken about the labor charges for accessories; and confused about the Order Incentive, is exceedingly small.

So *in that case*, considering their experience, I see no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt.

That said, there are certainly other cases where, "...never attribute to malice that which may be explained by incompetence" does apply.

It really depends on the situation. There is definitely a lot of incompetence out there.

One factor to consider is money. Does anyone stand to gain financially from the 'mistake'? If not, then that points toward incompetence. If money is involved (as was the case with our local dealer) then avarice; greed; and fraud may be involved.

It's really situational.

Bsrenfro

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
Picked up my OB on Friday....had a checklist thanks to all the knowledge here. Cover was missing, so it was noted (along with the tow eye hook not being there). Dealer asked if I could find the part number as they couldn't find it. Once I grabbed that from this thread it is on order paid for by the dealer. Thanks guys!
Could I have a copy of your checklist? Picking mine up tomorrow.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Ordered one on eBay yesterday. It just seems sensible to protect all that wiring.
Problem is that it does little to protect any wiring. The wiring on the right side is left exposed.