Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My dealer said they looked at another Bronco Sport on their lot which didn't have it either and they said it's been removed from the '22 cars. I wrote to Ford on these forums, they called me and said I would have to ask my dealer about that and the missing folding head rests. Game, set, match, Ford.
Your dealership is full of BS...and that doesn't stand for Bronco Sport!
Sponsored

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
My dealer said they looked at another Bronco Sport on their lot which didn't have it either and they said it's been removed from the '22 cars. I wrote to Ford on these forums, they called me and said I would have to ask my dealer about that and the missing folding head rests. Game, set, match, Ford.
FWIW -- the GM at our dealership called this past Friday and said the folding head restraints had arrived (along with the smaller center headrest). We pick them up tomorrow -- no charge.

I did have to go back and forth between Ford and the dealer, and the GM said that the regional Ford rep would not agree to have Ford supply them (for free).

We were told that the dealership would have to pay for the headrests, and the GM offered to split the cost with us. IMO, neither the dealer nor my wife and I should have to pay a dime for parts that should have come with the vehicle. I told the GM I appreciated the offer but I was not going to pay anything and I did not think the dealership should either. He eventually agreed to give the headrests to us for no charge.

I'm assuming everything he has told me is accurate, but as with the dash panel and the Curt shackle hitch receiver, it is of course possible that Ford actually covered some/all of the expense, and the people at the dealership told us they are covering the cost, to score points.

If our dealer did have to pay for any or all of the parts, I hope they got a huge price break.

Edit to add -- it is very common for dealers and mfrs (of all makes) to play 'good cop, bad cop'. What seemed to cut through that for me was contacting the GM. There was still some back and forth between the GM and the Ford rep, but talking with the GM was much less frustrating and time consuming than dealing with calling Ford, being on hold forever, being transferred to several different CSRs, only to be told to call the dealer (who had originally suggested I call Ford).

Last edited:

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I didn't bother arguing with Court Street Ford. They have been pretty terrible to deal with. I asked a while back about the missing tow hook and they said they would mail one to me, but they never did. I also had a lot of other problems with them and at the time let them know how unhappy I was. So I know they have no incentive to try to keep me as a customer. I was surprised that the Ford customer service rep I talked to on the phone told me to ask the dealer about the missing items. I would have thought that Ford would know the answer to that since the dealers are clueless.

This is my first Ford purchase experience and honestly comparing it to buying another car, it's been a shit show. My mom bought a Mini and the dealer sent her a free Mini blanket a few weeks after buying it. They invited her to a free Mini "experience" where you get a seminar at the dealership with other owners and they go over the cool features of the car, accessories, what to do in emergencies, how to maintain the car, etc. The few times she brought it in for service, they pampered her like a celebrity. The made the ownership and purchasing experience fun and exciting. They made her feel like she was investing in a car community. So far, my Ford dealer has made me feel like they are trying to rip me off or like they are a drug dealer.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't bother arguing with Court Street Ford. They have been pretty terrible to deal with. I asked a while back about the missing tow hook and they said they would mail one to me, but they never did. I also had a lot of other problems with them and at the time let them know how unhappy I was. So I know they have no incentive to try to keep me as a customer. I was surprised that the Ford customer service rep I talked to on the phone told me to ask the dealer about the missing items. I would have thought that Ford would know the answer to that since the dealers are clueless.

This is my first Ford purchase experience and honestly comparing it to buying another car, it's been a shit show. My mom bought a Mini and the dealer sent her a free Mini blanket a few weeks after buying it. They invited her to a free Mini "experience" where you get a seminar at the dealership with other owners and they go over the cool features of the car, accessories, what to do in emergencies, how to maintain the car, etc. The few times she brought it in for service, they pampered her like a celebrity. The made the ownership and purchasing experience fun and exciting. They made her feel like she was investing in a car community. So far, my Ford dealer has made me feel like they are trying to rip me off or like they are a drug dealer.
I feel your pain. This was my first experience with Ford also.

There is definitely a difference between different auto mfrs' dealers, and how they treat people.

All I can say is, *write 'em up!" The BBB; Dealer Rater; Google; Yelp, etc.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

Most of the Ford dealers out there want to take as much of your money as possible and give you as little as possible they do not care one bit if you are unhappy and never return. They could not care less. Complain to Ford about bad dealer Ford wont do anything.

You have to research dealer ratings ask other ppl in your area who own Fords and see if you can find a good dealer. Good Ford dealers do exist but more the exception then the rule.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Complain to Ford about bad dealer Ford wont do anything.
I agree with caveat emptor when it comes to car dealerships, but I don't believe it's entirely accurate to say Ford won't do anything about bad dealerships. There are many media reports about Ford's efforts to get dealerships to clean up their acts. The most telling to me is that Ford plans to split entirely from the dealership model with its EV lineup.

There may not be anything in particular Ford can do to help an individual with a dealership problem, most likely due to contractual constraints, but I think Ford is very aware of the bad taste many are left with after hassles with its dealership network. I think things will get better as supply chain issues are resolved, and Ford gains leverage over dealerships.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I agree with caveat emptor when it comes to car dealerships, but I don't believe it's entirely accurate to say Ford won't do anything about bad dealerships. There are many media reports about Ford's efforts to get dealerships to clean up their acts. The most telling to me is that Ford plans to split entirely from the dealership model with its EV lineup.

There may not be anything in particular Ford can do to help an individual with a dealership problem, most likely due to contractual constraints, but I think Ford is very aware of the bad taste many are left with after hassles with its dealership network. I think things will get better as supply chain issues are resolved, and Ford gains leverage over dealerships.
Does anyone have a 22 that came with it? If so, when was it built? Mine was early February and no passenger insulation panel.

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Got my car 3 weeks ago. Went to pull a fuse and the bottom panel of the dash that meets the fuse box was completely missing. Went to the dealership and they were gonna just pull it off a bronco they had in the lot and that one was also missing it.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. DE1D7D32-E333-46AC-A51A-7160D533020E
Mine was missing as well. Noticed after I left dealer lot (Picked up '22 BL on July 15). Texted the dealer immediately. Gave him the part number and he order me one on the spot. Got it a week later. Makes me question why they are omitting these on builds. If it was a part shortage it'd make sense, but the fact they have them available really makes this issue a head scratcher

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was missing as well. Noticed after I left dealer lot (Picked up '22 BL on July 15). Texted the dealer immediately. Gave him the part number and he order me one on the spot. Got it a week later. Makes me question why they are omitting these on builds. If it was a part shortage it'd make sense, but the fact they have them available really makes this issue a head scratcher
I think this is no longer being added as part of the build. I haven’t heard of anyone getting it and my panel was made in April.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of the Ford dealers out there want to take as much of your money as possible and give you as little as possible they do not care one bit if you are unhappy and never return. They could not care less. Complain to Ford about bad dealer Ford wont do anything.

You have to research dealer ratings ask other ppl in your area who own Fords and see if you can find a good dealer. Good Ford dealers do exist but more the exception then the rule.
Good advice, I tell people the same thing.

Unfortunately, in our case it didn't work. I checked 3 dealers -- one local, one 1/2 hour east, the other 1/2 hour west. I looked at 4 ratings sites. The local dealer had the best (least negative) reviews -- at least for sales (service is another story).

So we went with the local one. We were lied to twice. On the day we ordered we were told we would have to pay for all MSRP increases (false of course). On the day we picked up our BS BL, we were told that the $1,000 order credit did not apply to *any* BS trim. We ended up straightening that out but that kind of behavior really should be illegal, if it isn't already.

So all of my research didn't help, but we don't know how either of the other 2 Ford dealers would have treated us. They might have been worse.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Common sense, and the actions of most dealers, indicates that panel is supposed to be there.

If it wasn't necessary -- like the engine cover -- dealers would not be so quick to order it without any hassle or run-around.

It is not just cosmetic (as is the case with the engine cover). It protects the wiring and lowers the db level from the HVAC blower. It would be very hard for Ford to argue that it is not functional.

I agree that it does seem strange. The panel is clearly available, so why not install it at the factory?

Maybe it's a test to see what they can get away with -- how many buyers will notice. :cool:

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
@Ford Motor Company, can you weigh in on this and give us a straight answer? Why not put these controversies to rest once and for all instead of telling us to ask the dealerships? Stand by your product. If you have parts shortages, fine. Own up to it. If you have build quality issues, fine. Own up to it. But don't act like you're unaware of these numerous issues.

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine came in today. I was missing the panel also.
Thanks for letting us know. My money is on they quit putting them on period.

Reactions: MJE