GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I've not encountered this personally, but see it every now and then online and while I tend to brush it off it does irk me nonetheless.

The thing in particular that irritates me is when people say "its just an Escape with a different body." While partially true, its extremely reductive. It may share a platform and engines but theres numerous differences that frankly it's a testament to how versatile the C2 platform is.

I see people rightfully complain about all the numerous generic looking crossover suvs, well this is one that brings a cool look.

Not to mention, what other small unibody crossover can you get not only with unique boxy styling but with a locking rear differential, an advanced 4x4 system with rock crawling functions, factory Falken AT tires, off road suspension with 9 inches of ground clearance, and cool looking faux steel wheels, all while getting fuel economy into the mid 20s sometimes close to 30 mpg.

The Bronco Sport is a cool vehicle with genuinely impressive capability for what it is, and no other company makes anything else like it. I know not everyone is going to like it but I think more people should give it a chance instead of dismissing it because its lacks this or that feature.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Awww the OP got his pride and joy dissed, got his feelings hurt.
Who ever told you that won ! They pulled your little boy chain.
Man up and get on with your life.
I am happy with my little mule,
My, ā€˜Escape on steroidsā€™.
:ā€™P
All, Every vehicle today is a wimp mobile compared to the old stuff.
Except maybe a few choice super cars.
We are quickly approaching the end of the macho car era.
If someone feels the need to compensate for inadequate manly hood then yes the BIG BAD Bronco might help !

Last edited:

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
ah who cares what others say. I have big trucks, sports cars and now this new sport.. i love em all, wide bodied ones, narrow bodied ones, lifted ones, squatted ones.. I love em all.. vehicles to lolol

enjoy your vehicle and ignore the ignorant.

JOJEJA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Anybody else tired of full size Bronco owners knocking down the BS? I hear it all the time, but I was out yesterday, and I have a friend who has a 22 Bronco Outer Banks with Sasquatch. An acquaintance of his was also there who was an employee at a Ford dealer, said to me that my 22 Badlands is a P.O.S. and not a real truck.

This is not the first time, but this is starting to make me irritated. I did not get the full size Bronco for many reasons, but the main one is I don't need it. I rarely go off road, so there is no reason for me to own a truck that size and off road capable.

I love my BS Badlands, it is perfect for what I need, which is a truck that can carry a good amount of cargo and be comfortable driving around town.

I wanted to bring up all the awards that the BS had received that the Bronco hasn't, especially that Consumer Reports does not like the Bronco, but loves the BS (https://www.motorbiscuit.com/consumer-reports-hates-2022-ford-bronco-loves-ford-bronco-sport/), but it is not worth my breath. (although I guess it is worth my typing).

Anyway I a just venting. The way I look at it is this. To me, the Bronco is like a tank, and the BS is like a Jeep (using the military as an example). Are you comfortable driving a tank on the road?

Sorry for the rant. I had to get it out.
A friend of a friend is reporting a "whopping" 11mpg on their full sized Bronco. Enough for me to say no the the full size.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
A friend of a friend is reporting a "whopping" 11mpg on their full sized Bronco. Enough for me to say no the the full size.
Yeah I seen postings over on bronco6g talking about 11-13 mpg guzzling gas. Then others get upper teens. But the reports of severe gas guzzling are out there. Its a heavy full frame off roader so not gonna be fuel efficient.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I was at family get together a while back and some loser asked me why I didn't buy the real Bronco? I didn't say anything acted like I didn't hear the comment.

JOJEJA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yeah I seen postings over on bronco6g talking about 11-13 mpg guzzling gas. Then others get upper teens. But the reports of severe gas guzzling are out there. Its a heavy full frame off roader so not gonna be fuel efficient.
Not sure if they actually are off roading, but we do live in a very hilly area. Going anywhere is up and down several hills.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Oh, and a little tangential P.S. I remembered.

I hate the dumb stickers and decals with either a horse kicking a Jeep over or a Jeep towing a dead horse. It makes is seem that a strange number of third graders drive cars. They are just douchey A.F. fwiw; I also hate any and every peeing Calvin sticker.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
I love my BS Badlands, it is perfect for what I need, which is a truck that can carry a good amount of cargo and be comfortable driving around town.
By my way of thinking, a truck has a bed of some length and isn't a unibody construction. Way back when a bunch of non-trucks became trucks for fuel mileage classification purposes. As govmints increased fuel mileage goals it was easier on the manufacturers to have a lot of passenger vehicles classified as trucks where the fuel mileage requirements were more relaxed.

So, I don't think a Bronco is any more a truck than a Bronco Sport. I'm not bad mouthing either. I like my Bronco Sport!

Last edited:

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
I am on another car web site. A thread is about sporty, fun CUVs. Two guys with an Audi SQ5 and a Tesla Model Y are really going at it. Pretty funny.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Iā€™ve always shied away from calling vehicles like the Bronco Sport or Escape trucks because they just arenā€™t trucks in the conventional sense.

I think people need to be aware of what the Bronco Sport is and what is is capable of. We shouldnā€™t build it up to be something more than what it is.

It is a very capable vehicle, specifically the Badlands version, but it definitely is not a proper body on frame off-roader.

I chose the Bronco Sport Badlands because itā€™s what Iā€™ve been looking for for many years. It has a good, strong engine, excellent all wheel drive system (probably best in class), heavy duty (hopefully more durable) suspension, underbody protection and fantastic looks. Itā€™s justā€¦ practical, especially for long winters.
Sponsored