dparleng

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Anybody else tired of full size Bronco owners knocking down the BS? I hear it all the time, but I was out yesterday, and I have a friend who has a 22 Bronco Outer Banks with Sasquatch. An acquaintance of his was also there who was an employee at a Ford dealer, said to me that my 22 Badlands is a P.O.S. and not a real truck.

This is not the first time, but this is starting to make me irritated. I did not get the full size Bronco for many reasons, but the main one is I don't need it. I rarely go off road, so there is no reason for me to own a truck that size and off road capable.

I love my BS Badlands, it is perfect for what I need, which is a truck that can carry a good amount of cargo and be comfortable driving around town.

I wanted to bring up all the awards that the BS had received that the Bronco hasn't, especially that Consumer Reports does not like the Bronco, but loves the BS (https://www.motorbiscuit.com/consumer-reports-hates-2022-ford-bronco-loves-ford-bronco-sport/), but it is not worth my breath. (although I guess it is worth my typing).

Anyway I a just venting. The way I look at it is this. To me, the Bronco is like a tank, and the BS is like a Jeep (using the military as an example). Are you comfortable driving a tank on the road?

Sorry for the rant. I had to get it out.
Sponsored

jimharrison1950

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend HOT PEPPER RED
Anybody else tired of full size Bronco owners knocking down the BS? I hear it all the time, but I was out yesterday, and I have a friend who has a 22 Bronco Outer Banks with Sasquatch. An acquaintance of his was also there who was an employee at a Ford dealer, said to me that my 22 Badlands is a P.O.S. and not a real truck.

This is not the first time, but this is starting to make me irritated. I did not get the full size Bronco for many reasons, but the main one is I don't need it. I rarely go off road, so there is no reason for me to own a truck that size and off road capable.

I love my BS Badlands, it is perfect for what I need, which is a truck that can carry a good amount of cargo and be comfortable driving around town.

I wanted to bring up all the awards that the BS had received that the Bronco hasn't, especially that Consumer Reports does not like the Bronco, but loves the BS (https://www.motorbiscuit.com/consumer-reports-hates-2022-ford-bronco-loves-ford-bronco-sport/), but it is not worth my breath. (although I guess it is worth my typing).

Anyway I a just venting. The way I look at it is this. To me, the Bronco is like a tank, and the BS is like a Jeep (using the military as an example). Are you comfortable driving a tank on the road?

Sorry for the rant. I had to get it out.
"I love my BS Badlands, it is perfect for what I need " This should be enough.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
I'm with you - I very much prefer the BS to the full sized Bronco. I totally understand that others prefer the full-sized, and I understand myself well enough to know that there was a time when I would have preferred the full-sized, myself. But I'm not there, anymore. I value comfort and ride far more than I used to, and the BS is a far better on-road and light off-road vehicle than the full-sized Bronco.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I haven't interacted with any full sized Bronco owners but I have had several Jeep owners inform me I don't have a "real" offroader. Of course, both of these discussions occurred in shopping center parking lots and I pointed of there was no need for rock crawl mode on the way to or from picking up groceries. I really pissed off the second guy because I said he sounded like a vegan haranguing me over my food choices.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
They may talk shit until they see where I can get this thing. Then they’re dumbfounded and a lil jelly. I’m more upset that Ford treats it as a secondary model. Accessories, parts, service, etc.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I meet many Jeep owners on the beach, more than one stuck down to their frame because they didn’t muscle the shifter into 4WD, and I don’t hesitate to tell them I traded my Wrangler in for a BS. Easier drive mode change, better ride and more creature comforts. The only Bronco I like is the 2-door but I like having access to a big rear area from the side doors on my BS.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
No different than BS Badlands owners dogging any other BS that isn't a Badlands...
Not at all. The full-sized Bronco and the Bronco Sport are completely different vehicles, and so comparisons between them are far less relevant. All models of the Bronco Sport are Bronco Sports, and so far more appropriate to be compared to each other.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
My preference came down to price, comfort and 34.1 mpg average on a 2,593 mile trip we just completed, that used 76 gal ( I have all the receipts) this trip included climbing the rockies, through Utah, AZ and the Nevada and California deserts. The average temperature for the entire trip was over 100 degrees in the daytime. We even got caught up in a traffic accident that took us over 2 hours to clear in the middle of the Mojave desert where the temp was 111! Our Big Bend was flawless the entire trip and we ran the ac constantly on top of that! That's why I bought my Bronco Sport. So far, the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'm 74 years old by the way and have owned a LOT of vehicles!

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I wouldn’t let it get to you. These people remind me of the (probably) 16-year olds who comment on almost every car review about how the 10-year old Honda Civic or some other “hot hatch” they might own one day is a million times better.

The Bronco Sport has received a lot of very good reviews. It appears to be an objectively good vehicle.

Also, what kind of Ford representative goes around calling peoples Fords a POS?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
There are always going to be haters at every level for every vehicle.

I own a gladiator (sport s). I got it for towing (7650 capacity) and enjoying many of the perks for being a jeep.

Rubicons look down on it because it is not a Rubicon. I am not going to rock crawl.

Truck owners say it is a wrangler made with a bed and not a truck, even though it is actually on a new custom frame taken from the ram1500. Yes, it is a truck. Yadda yadda.

haters will be haters. To each his own,

Everyone gets a vehicle based on their taste and needs.

I love the BS. I got in my friends Bronco and it was nice but not anything I wanted.

There is an old saying, people put down others when they are insecure and trying to lift themselves up.

Ignore move on and enjoy your vehicle.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else....maybe me? Tired of Bronco owners knocking on the Bronco Sport 748650CC-C661-4AE7-931E-1645453FC223
Sponsored

Last edited: