Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Hey Bronco Sport fam bam!

Has anyone changed their color when they confirmed an order that is different from their original reserved color?

If so.. did your Ford email of the order confirmation only stated the reserved color and specs or did it change to what you ordered?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
I changed the trim level and the color. My order email still showed the base trim and color. I checked with my dealer and they confirmed that they ordered what I asked for and a few days later the Ford reseveration site updated to state the correct trim. The image on the reservation site is still incorrect.

OP
OP
dreamwrx

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
So while the trim updated... the color on the Ford reservation is still incorrect?

I'm not having luck with my dealership.. they're not as responsive unless you want to buy a vehicle already on their lot I suppose.

coralgrouper

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Bronco Sport Badlands on order
Yes, I experienced this as well. Ask for the order preview to confirm what was actually ordered by the dealer.

I think the customer facing reservation system defaults to Shadow Black/no options for the trim you select. At least when I did my reservation I just assumed reserving was just to get a dealer to call you (which they did), and wasn't presented with any color or package options. But, I think if you go to "Build + Price" on the website and then submit a reservation, I think it enters as you've actually customized it.

ChiperooKid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
I confirm everything above for me as well. Changed trim and color and the trim is updated on the website but not the color, but the order confirmation print out from the dealer is correct

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
So while the trim updated... the color on the Ford reservation is still incorrect?

I'm not having luck with my dealership.. they're not as responsive unless you want to buy a vehicle already on their lot I suppose.
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone changed color when ordered? 1604360089828

That was the order email I got. I actually ordered a Big Bend in Area 51. If I go to the reservation page it says Big Bend but the image is still a base in iconic silver. So really the only way to know your order to see the order sheet from your dealer.

OP
OP
dreamwrx

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Thank you all for your comments. I will be calling my dealer to get a copy of the order preview.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Changed from black to orange, then back to black when I discovered the orange was more school bus yellow than golden orange. I had to call the dealer to make the change. They likely think I'm nuts, but that it true.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I just made the color jump! Switching my previously confirmed carbonized gray order to kodiak brown. Something a bit different with a more noticeable flake and from what I’ve seen in photos almost a color shift effect from dark brown metallic to black depending on the light.

Also, when making rhe change with my dealer today, he sent me this photo. I was originally asking about a color brochure or if the mannequin had arrived yet, both no. But for anyone still undecided on color, this shows MOST of the options side by side. Missing kodiak brown and alto blue. Appears the photo is for the full size model and includes race red and the other two blue variants. Still a good reference though.
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone changed color when ordered? BF16E9DE-B2F6-4873-94E7-25D0037AAC98

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
I just made the color jump! Switching my previously confirmed carbonized gray order to kodiak brown. Something a bit different with a more noticeable flake and from what I’ve seen in photos almost a color shift effect from dark brown metallic to black depending on the light.

Also, when making rhe change with my dealer today, he sent me this photo. I was originally asking about a color brochure or if the mannequin had arrived yet, both no. But for anyone still undecided on color, this shows MOST of the options side by side. Missing kodiak brown and alto blue. Appears the photo is for the full size model and includes race red and the other two blue variants. Still a good reference though.
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone changed color when ordered? BF16E9DE-B2F6-4873-94E7-25D0037AAC98
Yeah looks like full size color pattern

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
It's too bad the cyber-orange was not the fantastic golden hue seen in some of the original pictures. All the production vehicles I've seen are too yellow.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
One of the videos I saw showed a silver with back trim. Very sharp, but I’m not sure what interior color that had. Still hot on my Rapid Red/Ebony/brown interior. It’s gotta work together!

DropTheWorld

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
It's too bad the cyber-orange was not the fantastic golden hue seen in some of the original pictures. All the production vehicles I've seen are too yellow.
You have any links? So far, I've been happy with the orange. I had changed from Area 51. For the Area 51, many of the pictures showed it washed out, and when photos did appear to make it have a deeper blue, the photos were clearly edited to boost the blue.

Oh, and here's my order summary confirming the color change. The Ford website still shows up as Area 51

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone changed color when ordered? Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 8.08.50 PM

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
The original images had the "orange" as an almost metallic, hot wheels color, then the production vehicles I've seen were more flat, "school bus" yellow. I know there were rumors of a delay for cyber-orange. I wonder if they had issues with applying the original "golden" color and just went base yellow/orange?

The picture below illustrates the color changes. Could be a play on light, but I don't think so because I've seen a lot of recent pictures of the production vehicles. I'd change my order back to cyber-orange if it was the cool gold color, but I think not!

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone changed color when ordered? cyber-bus
Sponsored

Last edited: