duke_YDMOTORSPORTS

Badlands
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badland / 2017 Audi A8 4.0T / 2015 Nissan 370
Was sleeping in the cabin but packing the Luno air mattress is so annoying, any suggestion for RTT? I am new and my BS comes with the moonroof.
Sponsored

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Was sleeping in the cabin but packing the Luno air mattress is so annoying, any suggestion for RTT? I am new and my BS comes with the moonroof.
Disclaimer: I haven't looked up the weight of every RTT, but most if not all RTTs + crossbars will exceed the dynamic load rating of 100 lbs with the moon roof. If that's something that's important to you, a RTT might not be for you. If you're not sure, search the forum for posts about max loads on the roof. There's been a lot of discussion.

If packing up your air mattress is annoying you enough to want a RTT, I would recommend a hardshell. My BS came with a softshell RTT and it takes some time to deploy and stow. I'd love to get a Roofnest Condor for how quick and easy they are to make/break camp while being roomy without taking up the whole roof. They have some other hardshell tents, too. Another popular mfg is iKamper. They just came out with new designs a month or so ago.