Any other way to add FordPass points besides the app?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I have a question about Ford Pass points. I just purchased a '23 OBX. That makes me eligible for several thousand points. When I go to the Ford Owner site, I see 0 points. When I contact Ford, I am told to download the Ford Pass apt. Here's the problem. My wife and I are both in our late 70's. We have flip phones in case of emergency. We do not have I phones and cannot download the Ford Pass apt. Is there any other way to get points added to my Ford Owners account? If I can get my points credited, do I still need the apt to use them for service?
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Your dealer should be able to set up the account and Ford will add points. You can view your points my logging into My Account at ford.com You do not need the app to use the points at the dealer. My experience is that it takes up to 30 days to get the initial points, points from service come more quickly

OP
OP
Mrmike

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your dealer should be able to set up the account and Ford will add points. You can view your points my logging into My Account at ford.com You do not need the app to use the points at the dealer. My experience is that it takes up to 30 days to get the initial points, points from service come more quickly
I have an account at My Account. It shows my '23 OBX and my wife's '20 Ecosport. The problem is that it shows 0 points in either account even though I just bought my '23. I understand it can take up to 30 days for points to show up on a new vehicle purchase. I need to know if this is automatic or do I need to co-ordinate with my dealer. Remember I have no I phone, and therefore no FordPass apt.

OP
OP
Mrmike

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried visiting Ford's website? Go to https://www.ford.com/support/ and create an account. You should be able to enter all the information about your purchase there.
Both my '23 OBX, and my wife's '20 Ecosport are both listed with all the correct info at this site. The Ford Pass points is 0 on both. I understand it may take up to 30 days to get the credit for a new vehicle purchase. The question is whether it is automatic or do I have to see the dealer for help. Remember I have no I phone and, therefore, no FordPass apt. We never received any points for the Ecosport when it was purchased.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
It just hasn’t been added yet. The website functions the same as the app. Give it another week or so then start calling them back. When we bought our second BS it took maybe 2 weeks for the points to show up.

OP
OP
Mrmike

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It just hasn’t been added yet. The website functions the same as the app. Give it another week or so then start calling them back. When we bought our second BS it took maybe 2 weeks for the points to show up.
Thanks for that info!

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Another good way to add points is by using the Ford Visa Card, US residents only. I use the card for everything I can possibly use it for. Parking, insurance, internet, food, fuel, you name it. Plus it gives cash back, hands down the best card I've ever had. I'll never pay for an oil change ever based on the Ford Points I get by using the card. Might be worth checking out.

OP
OP
Mrmike

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another good way to add points is by using the Ford Visa Card, US residents only. I use the card for everything I can possibly use it for. Parking, insurance, internet, food, fuel, you name it. Plus it gives cash back, hands down the best card I've ever had. I'll never pay for an oil change ever based on the Ford Points I get by using the card. Might be worth checking out.
Good to know. Thanks!

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
@Mrmike did you get your points yet?

mikeyncc

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have a question about Ford Pass points. I just purchased a '23 OBX. That makes me eligible for several thousand points. When I go to the Ford Owner site, I see 0 points. When I contact Ford, I am told to download the Ford Pass apt. Here's the problem. My wife and I are both in our late 70's. We have flip phones in case of emergency. We do not have I phones and cannot download the Ford Pass apt. Is there any other way to get points added to my Ford Owners account? If I can get my points credited, do I still need the apt to use them for service?

They sent me an email weeks after my purchase and I was able to get my points.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Your points are actually tied to your email address that is used to setup your owners account at Ford .com
Sponsored