Any easy trails reccomended in the tri-state area?

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Picking up my Badlands this saturday, I got a few days off work next week and was interested in taking her out on some easy trails to test things out. Any beginner trails reccomended for a first time test of the Badlands in the NY/NJ/CT area?
Sponsored

Komodo

Big Bend
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm curious as well! I live in Northern NY (Lake Ontario/St Lawrence River) area. I'm close to the Adirondacks and relatively close to the Catskills/Berkshires. I'd love to know of a few 4x4 trails in the region if anybody knows!

JBMontclair

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco - 4 Door - BD - Cyber Orange
I am a frequent poster on the bronco6g site (same user name) and happened to be thumbing through this sister site for the sport and figured I'd register to answer this question. For NJ so far the only place I really know about is Wharton State Forest in the pine barrens. I've been there twice. All the legal trails are actually listed as roads and you can find an official motorized action plan (MAP) map online and on the maprika app (and likely others). Last ride we did our group (5 full size broncos and 2 jeep rubicons) came across another group (Garden State Overland on Facebook) doing a trail ride and we joined forces. Theirs was a mix of modded rigs and stock cross over class vehicles. Mud holes can be deceptively deep and should be cautious about running through them. We had to yank the broncos, rubicons and even a massive diesel ford pickup riding monster mud tires out of it. The mud there just doesn't care. I've also heard in Jackson, NJ (area behind the great adventure safari area) there are dirt roads going through collier mills wildlife management area but never been. Beyond that, the PA ORV parks (Rausch Creek and AOAA) are likely out of bounds for the sport as they are very much rock crawling and without the ground clearance and skids I'm not sure many trails would be passible.
So I suggest checking out the Facebook group I mentioned - and maybe keeping an eye on the bronco6g.com club pages for "Jersey / East Cost Broncos" and "Northeast Trail Connections" as we've been organizing rides from there.