DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I was at my local salvage yard recently looking for a Ford 8.8 Rear and saw this right out front.
Ford Bronco Sport Another one bites the dust, and early! StagersBroncoSport (Medium).JPG

2022 Bronco Sport that never left the Dealer lot. It's hard to see in the picture but the entire passenger side has damage, including rear quarter and front fender. Also not shown is damage to left front fender.

Salvage yard had it for sale.

I don't know the story behind it but it still had a Dealer Paper Tag attached to the rear advertising the Dealership.

The color was Cactus Grey although it looks white here (it was raining).
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Looks like a sport on the road with trailer in the back ground....

jimharrison1950

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend HOT PEPPER RED
I was at my local salvage yard recently looking for a Ford 8.8 Rear and saw this right out front.
Ford Bronco Sport Another one bites the dust, and early! StagersBroncoSport (Medium).JPG

2022 Bronco Sport that never left the Dealer lot. It's hard to see in the picture but the entire passenger side has damage, including rear quarter and front fender. Also not shown is damage to left front fender.

I don't know the story behind it but it still had a Dealer Paper Tag attached to the rear advertising the Dealership.

Florida?

OP
OP
DonImbimbo

DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The one in the background with the trailer belongs to my better half, it's her car. I borrowed it to pick up the 8.8 rear. (it also appears at the left for my avatar).

Location is Mansfield, PA. at Stager's Vehicle Sales.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
wow, crazy how they TL'd it with (what appears to be) such minor damage.

OP
OP
DonImbimbo

DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
AndyMac,
I think there is substantial sub-frame damage under the front left. It also wiped out the driving light on that corner.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
People do dumb things on test drives...Once watched a new Mustang GT on a test drive spin a left turn onto the freeway ramp, ran it up over an 8" curb.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’d be seeing what parts I could get off it if they would part it out. I hear they are still hard to come by. I thought about checking yards here for BLs that are done for.

then get some of the more off-road parts that might break… as on hand spares.

OP
OP
DonImbimbo

DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My concern in rebuilding this one is: If Ford can't build new ones because of parts then what's the chance of getting parts to rebuild this one?

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands

Possibly damaged in transit to the dealer.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Possibly damaged in transit to the dealer.
This was my thought. I believe carrier insurance requires salvaging a vehicle that is damaged during transport. Why? Because if a vehicle damaged during transport is subsequently involved in a serious accident the carrier (and its insurer) could be held partially liable. So instead of dealing with that kind of risk the insurance underwriter reimburses the cost of the vehicle and sells it for salvage.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
This was my thought. I believe carrier insurance requires salvaging a vehicle that is damaged during transport. Why? Because if a vehicle damaged during transport is subsequently involved in a serious accident the carrier (and its insurer) could be held partially liable. So instead of dealing with that kind of risk the insurance underwriter reimburses the cost of the vehicle and sells it for salvage.
Yes, depending on the amount of damage. My unit had glass and paint damage that was satisfactorily repaired.

OP
OP
DonImbimbo

DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I should have mentioned in my original post that the salvage yard was asking $14,000.
Sponsored