Another episode of Name that Noise... or Find that Rattle... HELP/ideas appreciated!

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Another one to add to the "funny noises the BS makes" collection...

Well, appreciate any ideas out there... Definitely need headphones to hear it -> noise is the higher pitched, almost crackling like sound that cuts through the road noise in the video (its the constant creaking or vibrating/rattling sound). Comes and goes, seems to need a minimum speed (+35 mph) and coarse pavement for it to start making the noise. Potholes don't necessarily cause it.

On the verge of dropping (a part of) the headliner but thought would try to see if anyone has encountered a similar sound in their BS? Removed the grab handle thinking that might be the cause but obviously it was not.

Most ideally, anyone experience a similar sound and managed to fix it??

Thank you!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Another one to add to the "funny noises the BS makes" collection...

Well, appreciate any ideas out there... Definitely need headphones to hear it -> noise is the higher pitched, almost crackling like sound that cuts through the road noise in the video (its the constant creaking or vibrating/rattling sound). Comes and goes, seems to need a minimum speed (+35 mph) and coarse pavement for it to start making the noise. Potholes don't necessarily cause it.

On the verge of dropping (a part of) the headliner but thought would try to see if anyone has encountered a similar sound in their BS? Removed the grab handle thinking that might be the cause but obviously it was not.

Most ideally, anyone experience a similar sound and managed to fix it??

Thank you!

Hey there! I can look into your Broncoā€™s noise concerns on my end if youā€™d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Mine is making a similar noise, same spot!ā€¦.I too tried with taking off the handleā€¦. No luckā€¦I think the noise is coming from the black plastic trim thatā€™s above the door panel and follows around the windowā€¦.I think mine is rubbing on the rear door glassā€¦.just need someone to drive so I can try pushing on it.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I have same issue. Had since new and had gotten worse. Does not matter the terrain. Two dealers told me was seatbelt. It isnā€™t.
At another dealer now who can actually hear it and are trying to fix it. Hoping they can fix the shitty B&O sound system after this. Mine is coming from somewhere in roof from moonroof to a pillar. Is constant and annoying af. Hard to pinpoint since itā€™s coming from above me and nothing Iā€™ve tried stops it. Can decrease by pushing up by the sun glasses holder and on a pillar. But still get the noise from elsewhere. Tired of being at dealers for hours with no resolution. 2600 miles on this. Could be the dash speaker covers since theyā€™re warped and donā€™t sit flat. Just guessing. I canā€™t hold all the spots and drive, even with a passenger.
Iā€™ll post up what they found and or fixed.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Ok so got it back and the constant creaking is gone now. It was something in the moonroof, they readjusted it and lubed it up and now doesnā€™t make the noise.
The speaker is still blown. Is amazing no one knows what a blown speaker sounds like. People think If it plays sound it canā€™t be blown.
But the rattle is gone. Iā€™ll take it.

OP
OP
gcbroncosport

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ok so got it back and the constant creaking is gone now. It was something in the moonroof, they readjusted it and lubed it up and now doesnā€™t make the noise.
The speaker is still blown. Is amazing no one knows what a blown speaker sounds like. People think If it plays sound it canā€™t be blown.
But the rattle is gone. Iā€™ll take it.
Most intriguing as the BS also has a creaking sunroof! (sighhhhh) I was resolved to a day of applying silicon grease "everywhere" on the sunroof frame... Now I wonder what they adjusted on yours (sunroof creaks only when closed or 1/4 open... once opened beyond that the creaking stops).

As for the video, that is not the sunroof (at least doesn't seem to be) but rather seems to come from b/w the B pillar to as far back as the D pillar... Suspicion is a loose wire harness that's hitting metal at just the right frequency... But who knows! Actually took off the D pillar as well, wondering if the metal clips on it were the cause... But the video is with the grab handle and D pillar cover all off.

OP
OP
gcbroncosport

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey there! I can look into your Broncoā€™s noise concerns on my end if youā€™d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Just sent PM. Thank you in advance for the help!!

OP
OP
gcbroncosport

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So after going through the trouble (but certainly thank you #Ford Motor Co for the effort) of having Ford setup a Dealer Service appointment (Balise Ford, Hyannis MA) to have the rattle looked at... "We test drove vehicle and could not replicate" response. NO FIX.

To be fair, noise is intermittent. Still, it really is tough when you move to a new town (like I did) and thus can't take the car back for service to the dealer it was purchased from. Dealerships clearly HATE supporting vehicles not purchased from them.

I knew there was a reason I was trying to solve this myself :crackup:.

Here's another video for your viewing pleasure :angry: (if any new ideas please let us know!)

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Maybe have someone sit in back to try to narrow down location of noise?

OP
OP
gcbroncosport

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Maybe have someone sit in back to try to narrow down location of noise?
Yep... There's that blue masking tape near bottom center of the video on the c-pillar... That's from a friend whom I instructed, "Here's some tape, cut a piece and stick it where ever you may hear something!!" šŸ˜… (admittedly, she was too self-conscious for some reason sitting in the back seat to be able to focus on the job at hand :crazy:... haven't had it rattle away when there were more passengers... yet)

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Somewhere I saw a post about a rattle source being a wiring loom inside the passenger side cargo panel that isn't attached well. I guess there's a cover you can pop to access it. Did not investigate on my own because I don't need to add any rattles.

OP
OP
gcbroncosport

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Somewhere I saw a post about a rattle source being a wiring loom inside the passenger side cargo panel that isn't attached well. I guess there's a cover you can pop to access it. Did not investigate on my own because I don't need to add any rattles.
Hmm... Thanks for the tip! Feeling this is a legit lead/potential culprit. Can imagine a harness positioned just right and at the right vibration frequency making a sound like that.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I have a constant rattle in drivers a pillar/dash area thatā€™s annoying af. Also developed rattles in the back now. 3k miles and rattles like mad. Off-road you can actually hear the panels moving when vehicle is flexed.
Sponsored