MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Are you guys who are waiting so long willing to travel for the car? Local dealer here has a BB and OB in stock.
And for what its worth the 5speed automatic transmission in the 4runner sucks and the engine is way too underpowered for the size of the truck.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Are you guys who are waiting so long willing to travel for the car? Local dealer here has a BB and OB in stock.
And for what its worth the 5speed automatic transmission in the 4runner sucks and the engine is way too underpowered for the size of the truck.
that's the crazy part. The unicorns are there, might have to travel, but it's crazy, they don't last a week sitting on a lot. I searched three states to find mine, and the one I wanted was a half hour north and the dealer tracked me down. Looking back, it's gotten much worse and having a badlands at this point is a comoddity.

Reactions: Jrl

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Well there is getting pushed back or you could be like me where Ford builds it then puts it in a yard in Mexico to bake in desert sun for who knows how long waiting for missing parts. So hopefully by the time they build yours they have all the parts and it ships.
That truly is the only thing keeping me going. Knowing I have a shot at a complete build and immediate ship. I worry about the value of my trade in. It’s at an all time high now, and I just wish I could cash in on that.

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
For the right price and packaging I think we’d all consider it.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Anyone have a July build week? My latest is scheduled July 26th. Will they build them fully and ship them or will they get built with some missing parts and sit?

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That truly is the only thing keeping me going. Knowing I have a shot at a complete build and immediate ship. I worry about the value of my trade in. It’s at an all time high now, and I just wish I could cash in on that.
When we traded in our 2012 Ford Escape Hybrid with 85k on it, we were told by the dealership that they strictly go by KBB value. So yeah if yours is at a high right now it would be nice to capitalize on it.

And if anyone is near North Jersey. Route 23 Ford had 2 on the lot the other day and they are still on the site. OB and BB

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Maybe we should start a thread where people can post cars that are available on lots near them that they know of for people who are looking?

ODucksfan17

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB
Yes Ford has always been whacky with special vehicle orders long before covid. Covid supplier issues making things a lot worse. Now we are in an unprecedented vehicle shortage with Ford trying to roll out several high demand vehicles. Ford has more buyers then they need so I don't expect them to do anything because my ordered vehicle isn't being delivered in timely manner.

Eventually parts suppliers will deliver needed parts and we will eventually transition out of this seller market vehicle shortage crisis. Probably around this time next year things will be back to normal my guess.
All the vehicles I've ordered except the Focus ST took just a little under 3 months to receive. I'll see about my BS order. It's not scheduled to be built until the end of August. Ford and the other automakers really screwed up by cancelling all these parts orders, which included chips, during the height of covid. I don't think Ford and others thought auto sales would rebound so fast. I agree. Things should be back to normal by this time next year. I did read Ford found a chip supplier for the F-150. The article didn't mention anything about the Broncos though.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I just call Ford today. My wife's OB has an ETA End date of 10/31. It has been built but is waiting on a Chip. :-(
The "chip" that they are waiting for is the RCM (Restraint Control Module) which controls the airbags and seat belts.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
The "chip" that they are waiting for is the RCM (Restraint Control Module) which controls the airbags and seat belts.
Ford is not waiting for the chip. They have had chips and they went to new builds on the assembly line while her BS , mine and whole lot of others sit outside incomplete.

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
Ford is not waiting for the chip. They have had chips and they went to new builds on the assembly line while her BS , mine and whole lot of others sit outside incomplete.
That's where mine is.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never said that they didn't get more of the RCM's. What I said was that is what the ones that were built without the chips are waiting for. It also doesn't mean that Ford has enough to finish the incomplete orders in addition to the 2021MY orders that they already have.

What source do you have that you can positively show that Ford has enough units to finish the idled vehicles as well as keep the assembly line running to complete all the outstanding orders?

My BS is sitting waiting for it also, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape that Ford is still building and shipping vehicles before mine that has already been built. I also know that it is sitting waiting for a fuel line recall that Ford hasn't received the replacement parts for yet (which also includes BS's that have already been delivered).

So even if Ford had the RCM's, they couldn't ship the vehicles until the recall is taken care of first. Ford will also probably send the replacement parts to the dealers first to take care of the vehicles that are already on the road before taking care of the ones that are sitting in the factory parking lot since it is a major safety issue. I also knew that there was an issue with chip shortages when I placed the order with my dealer and they told me about it as well.

Am I happy about it - No!
Am I going to cancel my order - No!
Am I going to get my Bronco Sport - Yes, eventually.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never said that they didn't get more of the RCM's. What I said was that is what the ones that were built without the chips are waiting for. It also doesn't mean that Ford has enough to finish the incomplete orders in addition to the 2021MY orders that they already have.

What source do you have that you can positively show that Ford has enough units to finish the idled vehicles as well as keep the assembly line running to complete all the outstanding orders?

My BS is sitting waiting for it also, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape that Ford is still building and shipping vehicles before mine that has already been built. I also know that it is sitting waiting for a fuel line recall that Ford hasn't received the replacement parts for yet (which also includes BS's that have already been delivered).

So even if Ford had the RCM's, they couldn't ship the vehicles until the recall is taken care of first. Ford will also probably send the replacement parts to the dealers first to take care of the vehicles that are already on the road before taking care of the ones that are sitting in the factory parking lot since it is a major safety issue. I also knew that there was an issue with chip shortages when I placed the order with my dealer and they told me about it as well.

Am I happy about it - No!
Am I going to cancel my order - No!
Am I going to get my Bronco Sport - Yes, eventually.
I wasn't attacking you.

The obvious proof that Ford has enough chips to finish the incomplete builds is that they put those chips into new builds.

Ford made a business decision of how to best use those chips or how to build the most the fastest without regard to how the people that ordered the June Lot Rot vehicles. That might be a good decision.

Certainly the poor decision was to not provide information to the people waiting on those June builds. Ford continues that course to this day.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wasn't attacking you.

The obvious proof that Ford has enough chips to finish the incomplete builds is that they put those chips into new builds.

Ford made a business decision of how to best use those chips or how to build the most the fastest without regard to how the people that ordered the June Lot Rot vehicles. That might be a good decision.

Certainly the poor decision was to not provide information to the people waiting on those June builds. Ford continues that course to this day.
However, even if Ford put the RCM in those vehicles waiting for them, they wouldn't be able to leave the factory until Ford receives and installs the recalled replacement FDM. Ford isn't sending letter out to owners who already have vehicles with the affected part until October 6th for its replacement. Ford didn't make the affected part but rather got it from one of its suppliers, so in addition to needing the part for production vehicles, they need 11,000 more just to replace the defective ones. Problems just keep snowballing and the problems in the supply and delivery chain aren't helping either.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
However, even if Ford put the RCM in those vehicles waiting for them, they wouldn't be able to leave the factory until Ford receives and installs the recalled replacement FDM. Ford isn't sending letter out to owners who already have vehicles with the affected part until October 6th for its replacement. Ford didn't make the affected part but rather got it from one of its suppliers, so in addition to needing the part for production vehicles, they need 11,000 more just to replace the defective ones. Problems just keep snowballing and the problems in the supply and delivery chain aren't helping either.
Except again, they have replacement FDM's and they are going to the assembly line.

Don't buy into the it's the suppliers fault. Who picked the suppliers? Would you guess that Ford picked those suppliers by lowest bidder?

Who is responsible to ensure that the supply line to Ford is secure, reliable and meets standards? Maybe that would be Ford???
Sponsored