Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
  • Banned
Can add this to my list of nonstop shit on this thing that is failing or not working right. Ford already did tsb. But is only for rear brakes. Had them check the front, was told are fine. My front brakes don’t grab hard and have to push pedal all the way. Then I get this clang, vibration through the wheel and the whole front end. Is really loud inside and outside Ford’s known about it for months. Hasn’t done anything. As long as the car stops they tell me is fine. Short vid of what I mean. Anyone else??
And Ford please don’t reach out on here to me. You’re no help.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I would get online read reviews on dealer service and try and find a dealer with a good service reputation. Lincoln dealers can do Ford warranty work too. Noise not normal.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My car does that sometimes when I have auto hold engaged and I'm not stepping particularly hard on the brake pedal. I believe its the system sensing that I'm stopped when I'm not really stopped and applying the brakes to hold them for me. If you have auto hold engaged try turning it off to see if the same thing happens.

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
  • Banned
Doesn’t matter the dealer. Is in the shop monthly for issues. I’m waiting on head unit and a module right now to fix the center screen from freezing or cutting out. I also lose all my functions for hvac, rear sensors, bsm, radio etc when it happens. Is dangerous cause it always happens at speed when driving. And have to restart vehicle or disconnect battery on side of the road.
I’ve been waiting since October for GD parts.
It’s Ford, not the dealers. Also the interior rattles like a fucking Yahtzee cup full of dice. They can’t fix that either.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Doesn’t matter the dealer. Is in the shop monthly for issues. I’m waiting on head unit and a module right now to fix the center screen from freezing or cutting out. I also lose all my functions for hvac, rear sensors, bsm, radio etc when it happens. Is dangerous cause it always happens at speed when driving. And have to restart vehicle or disconnect battery on side of the road.
I’ve been waiting since October for GD parts.
It’s Ford, not the dealers. Also the interior rattles like a fucking Yahtzee cup full of dice. They can’t fix that either.
I would trade it in sell it to Carmax. Sorry but sounds like you got a bad one and the incompetent dealers usually just want you to go away.

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
  • Banned
Carmax in the northeast is probs lower than most dealers for trade in. They’re terrible for some reason. Lil rant then I’m out.

I do like the vehicle. Is good little whip.. Goes everywhere I need it to, can pack all my crap in it, gear, dogs, etc. And not care the inside is dirty.

I just don’t want to start over again on a vehicle. Had sick Taco that got totaled, then got into an RDX a spec. Ordered bunch of things wheels, tires, suspension, etc. had for 6 months and was a nightmare with electrical and leaking issues.

Traded that for the BL. And now that’s been in shop since I got it. Been over a year with two vehicles living in the shop. Least got loaners with Acura though.
Bronco has lift, tires, rack, skids, etc. Is rad. Just bummed, I was excited to get a new bronco. Especially coming from Jeeps and trucks which were bulletproof. So I figured a perfect middle ground, mpg and off-road ability, durability.

Ford is a completely new experience for me, first one I’ve ever owned. Took a chance since my sister has owned 10+ Fords and Lincoln’s, plus a mustang and all besides the mustang (summer only) have put over 120k easy and never had any issues. They drive a lot for work.
I’ve had more issues in 9k miles than they’ve had in over a million miles. Wow that’s fucked now that I’m thinking about it lol.

I’ve got another 28k of bumper to bumper. I’m gonna run that and then trade it. Unless it blows up in the interim.

Hope peeps here have good luck. Or at least not my luck.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Carmax in the northeast is probs lower than most dealers for trade in. They’re terrible for some reason. Lil rant then I’m out.

I do like the vehicle. Is good little whip.. Goes everywhere I need it to, can pack all my crap in it, gear, dogs, etc. And not care the inside is dirty.

I just don’t want to start over again on a vehicle. Had sick Taco that got totaled, then got into an RDX a spec. Ordered bunch of things wheels, tires, suspension, etc. had for 6 months and was a nightmare with electrical and leaking issues.

Traded that for the BL. And now that’s been in shop since I got it. Been over a year with two vehicles living in the shop. Least got loaners with Acura though.
Bronco has lift, tires, rack, skids, etc. Is rad. Just bummed, I was excited to get a new bronco. Especially coming from Jeeps and trucks which were bulletproof. So I figured a perfect middle ground, mpg and off-road ability, durability.

Ford is a completely new experience for me, first one I’ve ever owned. Took a chance since my sister has owned 10+ Fords and Lincoln’s, plus a mustang and all besides the mustang (summer only) have put over 120k easy and never had any issues. They drive a lot for work.
I’ve had more issues in 9k miles than they’ve had in over a million miles. Wow that’s fucked now that I’m thinking about it lol.

I’ve got another 28k of bumper to bumper. I’m gonna run that and then trade it. Unless it blows up in the interim.

Hope peeps here have good luck. Or at least not my luck.
Sounds like you got a lemon for sure. It seems to happen regardless of the brand. I’ve had mostly Fords my entire life but have had others too. My wife favors Honda’s and between the two of us, we really have never had a lemon. Given todays emphasis on electronics, I think the chances of having issues once you do are greater than in the past. That being said, I haven’t had to replace plugs, plug wires, distributors, and points in a very long time and don’t miss it either!

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
It’s on flat ground. Suspension would have to be cycled for it to bind. It’s not suspension. Flex and lock to lock are fine. Did it before the lift.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I feel foryou brother. Definitely not normal. Does this happen on every stop or just the 1st stop when cold ?

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Can you use your state’s lemon laws?

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Can add this to my list of nonstop shit on this thing that is failing or not working right. Ford already did tsb. But is only for rear brakes. Had them check the front, was told are fine. My front brakes don’t grab hard and have to push pedal all the way. Then I get this clang, vibration through the wheel and the whole front end. Is really loud inside and outside Ford’s known about it for months. Hasn’t done anything. As long as the car stops they tell me is fine. Short vid of what I mean. Anyone else??
Made me laugh when someone said "That's not normal".
Well - of course it's normal. Just ask any Ford Service dept.
The car stops. Would you rather have it silent and not stop?
"""""SARCASM"""""
OH - and don't you dare get it fixed anywhere else. It will void the warranty.
As a matter of fact - don't look in the manual at the fuse box, and what each fuse protects.
If you change a fuse You void the warranty.
I was actually told that when I asked to have a mechanic show me how to access the fuse panel under the hood.

OK Seriously. Take it to a reputable car repair shop, and screw the warranty.
I had to make four trips to the service department for a failed battery.
I had a spreadsheet showing voltage drop overnight, and the service department just kept coming up with absurd excuses why things weren't working.
i should have just gone and purchased a battery when the problem started occurring.
It would have saved hours of grief.

canfig

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Very interesting as my 2021 Outerbanks does almost the same thing. Rattles between 26-29 MPH and vibrations coming from underneath. Never thought about the brakes though. Dealer can't replicate the issue they say.
Sponsored