Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
2022 Badlands here... I have a small 12 volt Bonaire tire pump (see below) that I've had for several years. (Home Dept around $39) It's fed by a long cable that plugs into a 12 volt outlet. I have no idea what it's output is, but it's not much. Of course in my Badlands, I have both 12V and A/C outlets in the rear. I will certainly never have giant 33, 35 or 37 inch tires, so I do not need a monster air pump but would like one with a little more power, but still reasonably compact. Any suggestions?
Ford Bronco Sport Air pump recommendations... Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 11.50.02 AM
Sponsored

Pkr22BL

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Project Farm does good reviews on a few.

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
Milwaukee M12 compressor, tiny and powerful. Set your psi on the screen and it inflates to that pressure!
Ford Bronco Sport Air pump recommendations... ECF01927-6DF9-415C-886D-16497C124F85

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I'm a Dewalt battery guy. I use THIS and I love it.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I’ve got an Airmoto. Not my tire, but you get the idea.

Ford Bronco Sport Air pump recommendations... 7A39CDF8-0D3D-45EE-8586-5FF6F359A7DF

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Op,
Patience is a virtue. :’P
Airing up after airing down 10 psi for off-road/on road any little compressor will do.
I got a mini compressor from Napa. Works just fine.
Besides, they’re all made in China, sold under different names.
The only feature I insist on is no screw on valve.
I want the lock lever type.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I paid like 80 bucks for one that clips onto the battery posts. Have used it for years. Even airing 37s it was far quicker than any of arb way overpriced units, could do 4 tires quicker than arb did 2. Onboard or external air. I can do all 4 245s on my BL in a few minutes going 15-32lbs. Get something like that. The 12v plug in ones are junk and good as a ball or bike pump.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Whatever style you're interested in, look for short power leads and a long hose rather than long leads and a short hose. It's more efficient to compress a long hose and maintain that pressure than it is for electricity to flow through a long cord. Heavy gauge wire will also help reduce power losses through the leads.

I hard-mounted an ARB single in the engine bay and just carry a coiled hose. But to do so I had to fab a mounting plate. ARB offers this same compressor in a "portable" kit but I don't think it's very compact. It comes in what looks like a toolbox.

Ford Bronco Sport Air pump recommendations... 20220911_104444

el_barto

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 NotaFord
Whatever style you're interested in, look for short power leads and a long hose rather than long leads and a short hose. It's more efficient to compress a long hose and maintain that pressure than it is for electricity to flow through a long cord. Heavy gauge wire will also help reduce power losses through the leads.

I hard-mounted an ARB single in the engine bay and just carry a coiled hose. But to do so I had to fab a mounting plate. ARB offers this same compressor in a "portable" kit but I don't think it's very compact. It comes in what looks like a toolbox.

I have this same compressor in my truck. It’s pretty quick to air up my 35s…might be overkill for BS-sized tires though, but it will fill them fast and easily. Most people forget/ignore duty cycles for compressors and overwork them. Many are like 10min on/20min off. The ARB single is 30min on/ 30 off.

I have an air chuck in my front and rear bumper so the hose can reach all 4 tires with ease (big truck, having it on one side would need a super long hose)
Ford Bronco Sport Air pump recommendations... 64491A0C-7B8D-4775-9851-F98CB1CABE70

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Most people forget/ignore duty cycles for compressors and overwork them. Many are like 10min on/20min off. The ARB single is 30min on/ 30 off.
Exactly this. People use those el cheapo 12V oulet compressors for 20+ minutes straight. That's a good way to melt your compressor before you're done using it.

The ARB single is certainly overkill for our small tires, but it gets the job done fast and I don't have to worry about duty cycle. Which is great when you don't have signal, you're several hours worth of walking from the nearest human, and it's over 100°F (I put the ARB in before spending a week in the Chihuahuan Desert).

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Where did got the brackets?

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Where did got the brackets?
I fabricated a mounting plate from sheet steel and used the mounting bracket that came with the compressor. I used M6 rivnuts and bolts to install the mounting plate in the fender.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Actually, that looks nice for bikes! Assume it works well?
I bought it for convenience and size. It is rechargeable and can fit in the glove box or in the spare well with my other stuff. Puts out a decent amount of pressure and reading is easy to see and understand. Pricey compared to some, but I like how the hose is self contained in the body, until you need it. Doesn’t get caught on anything. It’s also heavy enough to be used in self defense. A brick in the hand, so to speak.
Sponsored