Big Bend
First Name
Kelsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey guys,

When I use my AC it seems as tho it’ll work for maybe 10 minutes when out of no where it blows ice cold and the fan speed increases. When Ching fan speed or temp nothing changes. Anyone else?
Sponsored

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Id suggest popping into your local dealer and letting them know. Definitely something faulty.
Does it occur regularly? They like to say “we couldn’t recreate said problem”

Blizzard35

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hey guys,

When I use my AC it seems as tho it’ll work for maybe 10 minutes when out of no where it blows ice cold and the fan speed increases. When Ching fan speed or temp nothing changes. Anyone else?
Do you have Auto AC in your Big Bend? In Auto setting, the fan speed changes automatically to cool the vehicle as quickly as possible to maintain the set temperature. I never use the Auto AC setting in any of my vehicles because of the situation you are describing. I use manual setting, recirculating button on when using the AC and have full control of the fan speed as required. This optimizes fuel economy as the cooled air from the AC blowing into the cabin is recycled so the system doesn’t have to work as hard.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Our OB has been on auto since day one & no issues , see your dealer , you may have temperature sensor issues . Is your system keeping temp. setting , with duel climate sections , if one is needing cooling , the system will act to satisfy that zone . Contact your dealer to get into service to test the system .

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Do you have Auto AC in your Big Bend? In Auto setting, the fan speed changes automatically to cool the vehicle as quickly as possible to maintain the set temperature. I never use the Auto AC setting in any of my vehicles because of the situation you are describing. I use manual setting, recirculating button on when using the AC and have full control of the fan speed as required. This optimizes fuel economy as the cooled air from the AC blowing into the cabin is recycled so the system doesn’t have to work as hard.
I do the same as I tend to prefer a slower fan speed than any of the auto modes give when there is a large temperature difference. I swear that the fan has a mind of its own even in manual mode though, sometimes level one seems to put out way more air than others, I don’t find it consistent.

juliemily34

First Edition
First Name
juli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Look for signs of a blown fuse, a tripped circuit breaker, a broken thermostat, or dirty air filters when having the unit inspected. AC compressors frequently fail due to dirty or clogged filters. Set your thermostat to 65 degrees when it's 110 degrees outside. It's just not built for that.

ImdaJesus

Big Bend
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey guys,

Could maybe be a auto turn off feature when it gets to the temperature you has set so once it get to the temp it'll turn off then it'll turn back on. Just a thought maybe? I only brought that up because I was looking at some portable ref. And some of them have that feature?‍♂
Sponsored