MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
So this is pretty clear to me, the B&O system ADDS the center channel in the dash (much smaller than the unnecessary size of that grille opening up there), the tweeters in the rear doors (different from those in the corners of the dash), and the sub (shown as absent in that location in the 6-speaker system). The sub must fire into the cavity below the cargo floor? I have to say, I could not locate it by ear on my quick test drive -- though I didn't turn it up much with 2 dealer folks in the vehicle with me. So glad to have found this, thanks for posting!

I don't know about you, but when I listened to the B&O system on my test drive, I thought the center channel sounded really odd. I plugged my phone in and setup Android Auto to listen to a song I'm very familiar with so I could mentally compare it to what I was used to (aftermarket Rockford Fosgate Punch co-axial speakers in my Impreza which sound great) and the staging of the center channel was just strange. I didn't really like it. I think I read in other forums about the Escape that a lot of people just turn the center speaker off and it sounds a lot better.
Sponsored

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don't know about you, but when I listened to the B&O system on my test drive, I thought the center channel sounded really odd.
I strained to hear the center channel speaker separately, but couldn't really discern it. Guys comparing the VW Fender system with center channel (ex. on the Atlas/Cross Sport) hate the standard system without it. The full-range speakers in the BS look too small to me, to handle the highest volumes I might dare try.
I see there is a speaker grille for the sub on the RHS of the cargo area, I have no idea what the "enclosure" or overall sound concept for it is supposed to be. I can't really "find" that sub by listening either.

Scott Loway

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I strained to hear the center channel speaker separately, but couldn't really discern it. Guys comparing the VW Fender system with center channel (ex. on the Atlas/Cross Sport) hate the standard system without it. The full-range speakers in the BS look too small to me, to handle the highest volumes I might dare try.
I see there is a speaker grille for the sub on the RHS of the cargo area, I have no idea what the "enclosure" or overall sound concept for it is supposed to be. I can't really "find" that sub by listening either.
There's a surround sound setting on the B&O system which I just disabled entirely; it sounds pretty great imo (though I do want more low end punch).

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
There's a surround sound setting on the B&O system which I just disabled entirely; it sounds pretty great imo (though I do want more low end punch).
Cool...I didn't get the chance yet to delve into all of the myriad systems and settings yet!

matthumbert

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
Soo I'm now very curious to see what's under the panels. I might poke around this weekend and see what we're working with. I have a badlands without the audio upgrade. So it seems there is a subwoofer area but did not come with a subwoofer. I really want to take a look and see if there is wiring already in place. I also want to see what wattages and resistance the stock speakers come in so I can just do an easy swap and get an aftermarket speaker that doesn't make me upgrade the amp if it's hard to get to. Where is the amp located usually in cars/is it easy. I have so many questions now

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Speaker Upgrades? 6speaker bs.PNG

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Speaker Upgrades? 10speakerbs.PNG
Is that sub wiring ran even in the base? Would that sub be in the back side panel in the back? If the sub wiring is not there I am trying to find out the speaker colors and where to hook into to run a rockford fosgate p300-12

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Watching and waiting for someone to confirm what speakers/size are in the doors and what might be an upgrade for the base system. Still waiting for mine to come in. I don't need high volume but would like decent fidelity.
Sponsored