laurent1784

Big Bend
First Name
Laurentino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Greetings. My 2022 Big Bend didn't had the option of including the reverse parking sensors as a dealer installed kit so I am looking at an aftermarket option. Has anyone installed a kit like this on their Bronco Sport? If so, has it caused any electrical issues such as faulty or fake canbus readings for burnt bulbs or something of that sort?
I was looking forward to buy this kit from Amazon
Aftermarket reverse sensors
but wanted to know beforehand if anyone had done something similar. Thanks for the help and attention provided.🚙🚙🇵🇦
Sponsored

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
Just remember. You get what you pay for. Pay 20 bucks, you get 20 buck sensors. If you really want sensors, I’d keep looking.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
OP
OP
laurent1784

laurent1784

Big Bend
First Name
Laurentino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Thanks for your comments. Found this other option looking into something better as suggested. It is a pair of sensors that attach behind the bumper without need to drill any holes nor have a separate power box. Plus it includes a switch for turning it on or off. I'll see if the company can answer my question regarding the sensors being able to sense wide wise and not only length wise.
No drill backup sensor system

OP
OP
laurent1784

laurent1784

Big Bend
First Name
Laurentino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
As an alternative, bought this for both 21 BB and 04 Solara. Very happy with results for 2 and 3 years. Connects to reverse light in tail light and U-haul video on BS hitch install is very handy to see how to route wires.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XUXUTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Do you have any pics you can show of your install on your BS? Did you have to drill through the rear bumper in order tu pass the wire from the sensor to the wiring harness behind the bumper?

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Very strange that cross traffic warning system as well as back up camera are on big bend models but no backup sensors. How much more expensive could it cost on the overall price? I understand different bumper but what, $50-$100 bucks in the overall picture? You can’t put a price on safety.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Very strange that cross traffic warning system as well as back up camera are on big bend models but no backup sensors. How much more expensive could it cost on the overall price? I understand different bumper but what, $50-$100 bucks in the overall picture? You can’t put a price on safety.
Sadly corporations put a price on "everything."

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
Do you have any pics you can show of your install on your BS? Did you have to drill through the rear bumper in order tu pass the wire from the sensor to the wiring harness behind the bumper?
Yes, but drilling was very simple and I could be wrong but I believe it was only through plastic, not metal. The real key is the Uhaul video so you see how to disassemble the interior trim to feed the wire to the tail light.
Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket reverse sensors IMG_2156

OP
OP
laurent1784

laurent1784

Big Bend
First Name
Laurentino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Got it. Thanks dude. Will check it out. I appreciate all your help. I think this one seems to be best and least intrusive way to add backup sensors. 👍🏻
Sponsored