GA greek

Badlands
First Name
Vangie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
A swing away tire holder that allows the rear camera to function. REALLY like the swing-away dirtcom design (that maintains the departure angle and trailer hitch function —and is angled towards the line of the BSB hatch—-), but all the trailer hitch swing-aways on the market negate the critical rear camera….

A relocation kit for the camera would be an alternative…

… a redesign of the rear cargo hatch is another issue for those of us who have the cargo management accessory : The “shelf” on either side of the cargo table (running underneath and lateral to the edge of the cargo cover) that holds up the shelf/table . It prevents the hatch from being opened more than a few inches. Accessing the available space around the spare tire can only be done by removing the floor/hatch completely ( which is a non-starter when storing gear or sleeping in the cargo area for overlanding/camping)….. A smaller hatch that passes between the two “shelves “ would be a game-changer. Too, having a fixed area on either side of the floor hatch could give an anchor point for a full molle panel system!

Thanks for your willingness to step in to give us overlanding options!!! ✌🏽😊
Sponsored

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Powered opening trunk. I have a button on my dash to unlock the rear hatch, but if I could wire it to work with a unit that'll actually unlock and lift the hatch open that'd be even better.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
Another vote for skid plates and rock sliders. Something like the 4wp stuff that never went into production.

There are several nudge bars available, but none of them add recovery points to lower trims, or let you keep the badlands tow hooks. Other features I think could differentiate from what’s already available would be a winch mount and/or integrated skid plate to protect the radiator.

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
As above: Steel skid plates to protect the undercarriage. The current flimsy item is a useless joke. It wouldn’t protect anything from road debris, much less anything encountered off road.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Rock sliders

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
This front bumper style with the integrated plate and mounts for winch and lights. Functional and looks great. But I'm not sure if this is possible with the unibody construction nor do I know if it's safe in a collision.
Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket parts wish list? Let us hear it! JcrOffroad TacomaHybridFrontBumper1

I think a safe bet would be skid plates and rock rails. I think we have enough choices for roof racks. And I wonder what the actual market is for steel bumpers in the non-Badlands segment.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This front bumper style with the integrated plate and mounts for winch and lights. Functional and looks great. But I'm not sure if this is possible with the unibody construction nor do I know if it's safe in a collision.
Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket parts wish list? Let us hear it! JcrOffroad TacomaHybridFrontBumper1

I think a safe bet would be skid plates and rock rails. I think we have enough choices for roof racks. And I wonder what the actual market is for steel bumpers in the non-Badlands segment.
Safety???? Doesn’t coolness and function trump safety? LOL

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Done for a show car is different than being ready for production.
Exactly. So far, there have been a few notable car show builds that immediately abandoned their "plans". Would love to hear why they chose to do this. I figure it's mainly to do with the limitations of a unibody construction.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I figure it's mainly to do with the limitations of a unibody construction.
I’ve been thinking the same thing.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Engineered recovery points for non-badlands models. I recall reading the non-badlands you can’t install the front tow hooks or they are missing reinforcements that the badlands has or something
Yes the lower trims are missing a steel bracket that is welded to the Badlands frame that the threaded end of the factory front tow hook connects to. A lot of ppl would like to add functional front tow hooks to lower trims....

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket parts wish list? Let us hear it! JcrOffroad Tow Hook Bracket Annotated
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.