OP
OP

enjuhner357

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS OB
This has been done for years. My brother own an auto glass shop for nearly 50 years. Used to put moon roofs in old cars way before it was a thing. His didn’t open. He had a 66 Pontiac that was his first victim. After that, everyone wanted them. Was actually pretty easy if you knew what you were doing. Plenty of places that used to do it in the ‘80s. Kind of like auto stereo places, not as many now but still ones out there.
Definitely before my time. I don't know if I'd want to install such a feature in older cars, seems sacrilege.

Looks real nice and I’m glad it worked out as well as it did. My BS OB is here next week and I wanted a sunroof but I am not sure I trust my local places that much.
I've edited my original post; if you're in the DC metro area give them a shout.

I can’t understand why ours installed at factory go on the outside of the roof ? They (ford) need to take notes on that installation .
Maybe it was cheaper, less moving parts? Sometimes engineers make dumb choices...speaking from my own first hand professional experience in this area :lipssealed:
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I can’t understand why ours installed at factory go on the outside of the roof ? They (ford) need to take notes on that installation .
I think they made it go out side so that the interior roof height could be maximized. Otherwise the headliner behind front seats would have to drop a couple inches.

Reactions: Jrl
OP
OP

enjuhner357

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS OB
I think they made it go out side so that the interior roof height could be maximized. Otherwise the headliner behind front seats would have to drop a couple inches.
I'll try to take a couple measurements and pictures in the coming days so the greater BS community can compare. Not sure what the datum reference should be, maybe bottom of cupholder or the armrest?

Reactions: Jrl

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 FX2
Warning: Webasto is the company that failed making removable hardtops for the Bronco causing numerous delays and replacement of all by another manufacturer.

JP25

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Sounds like an AMAZING dealer! Would you recommend them for normal services as well? I unfortunately have had a few bad experiences with Koon's Ford in Falls Church, VA (to include my purchasing experience for my BS). I had normal service done at Ourisman Ford in Alexandria recently and that was great, just a bit of a drive for me.

OP
OP

enjuhner357

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS OB
Sounds like an AMAZING dealer! Would you recommend them for normal services as well? I unfortunately have had a few bad experiences with Koon's Ford in Falls Church, VA (to include my purchasing experience for my BS). I had normal service done at Ourisman Ford in Alexandria recently and that was great, just a bit of a drive for me.
We have not had the chance to drop the vehicle for regular service, yet. Getting a loaner when we dropped it for the moonroof install, we were treated extremely well and they were organized. They had lots of service bays, too. Definitely give them a try, you know what you're getting with the other places so nothing to lose potentially.

I did take my Fusion to Jerry's Ford (before they became Malloy) for scheduled timing belt replacement. No compliant from that experience. I've typically purchased parts from them as they've always been cheaper.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I've had a terrible time with the parts department at Ted Britt Ford of Chantilly. Had to go right up to the GM because of douchy moves by their parts people.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
'Webasto...,' it's a German company, they also make hard top convertible roof systems for VW, BMW, Buick G6 (!), others.

ChampionAutoSystems

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia stinger gt, work with a lot of broncos
We have not had the chance to drop the vehicle for regular service, yet. Getting a loaner when we dropped it for the moonroof install, we were treated extremely well and they were organized. They had lots of service bays, too. Definitely give them a try, you know what you're getting with the other places so nothing to lose potentially.

I did take my Fusion to Jerry's Ford (before they became Malloy) for scheduled timing belt replacement. No compliant from that experience. I've typically purchased parts from them as they've always been cheaper.
I actually made an account here just to answer something from your original post.

The Switch can be swapped out for a Beige option. shoot me a message if you would like some more detailed info.
Sponsored