Aftermarket leather steering wheel cover?

HutcHscrim

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
1909 Rutherford Ave Louisville Kentucky 40205
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Does anyone have an aftermarket stitch on leather steering wheel covers available? No packages have been available on the Big Bend model for a few months. I bought a basic Big Bend in carbon gray and want to put leather on my steering wheel .
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I must be alone, I actually like the rubber/plastic OEM over my leather from my last car. I don't worry about getting mud/fish guts, whatever on it and it does the job...I'm pretty simple though. I'd guess there are plenty of wraps that fit but the sport is so new I don't think a lot of vendors list it as a fit. Just like finding lug nuts most don't list the sport but are OEM fit.

Last edited:
OP
OP

HutcHscrim

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
1909 Rutherford Ave Louisville Kentucky 40205
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I must be alone, I actually like the rubber/plastic OEM over my leather from my last car. I don't worry about getting mud/fish guts, whatever on it and it does the job...I'm pretty simple though. I'd guess there are plenty of wraps that fit but the sport is so new I don't think a lot of venders list it as a fit. Just like finding lug nuts most don't list the sport but are OEM fit.
My hands are big and the leather will enhance the size of the rim in my hands.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My hands are big and the leather will enhance the size of the rim in my hands.
Yeah that makes perfect sense. I am not knocking the idea at all. I'm just happy with what I have, and personally I was always worried id mess up the leather. At least with an aftermarket wrap it's easier to remove and replace. I'd say by January there should be a lot more sport specific items available

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
Does anyone have an aftermarket stitch on leather steering wheel covers available? No packages have been available on the Big Bend model for a few months. I bought a basic Big Bend in carbon gray and want to put leather on my steering wheel .
I used this one. Amazon also has some custom cut ones listed which may fit a bit better at sides but at the time none specific for Sport. The side and bottom cover plates where wheel attaches are just loose enough to tuck in leather. This is stitch on. Easy to install. Looks depend on how much effort you put into getting minimal wrinkles. Some on forum are not happy with few wrinkles on their factor wrapped. But this was fine for me. I used double thread so get nice "bulk" feel to wheel. Lots of utube on this.
Amazon.com: Carodi Leather Steering Wheel Cover, Breathable Non-Slip Design, Soft and Comfortable Feeling, Universal 15 Inch Auto Car Steering Wheel Stitch on Wrap(Size M+, Black): Automotive
Sponsored