Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
I found these cute little universal Sport Emblems at AutoZone, and decided to get a couple and play around with them. The following pics show the emblems temporarily affixed with putty, in different locations on the vehicle, looking for everyone's opinions as to best location for them.

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Emblems 1

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Emblems 2

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Emblems 3

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Emblems 4

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Emblems 5

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Emblems 6

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Emblems 7

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Emblems 8

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Emblems 9

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Emblems 10
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alfredo

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Where can I get me some of those vent lights?? And how are they wired?
They're not sold, at least not yet that I know of. You have to build them. Need to pop out the vents, drill and shape a slot into them for the LED strip. If you're really interested, check out my blog on Vent lights.

EnderShrike

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
They're not sold, at least not yet that I know of. You have to build them. Need to pop out the vents, drill and shape a slot into them for the LED strip. If you're really interested, check out my blog on Vent lights.
Not to be repetitive, but curious about the LED strips, where you got them, model details, etc. I would love to do this once I get my BS. They look awesome! I was not able to find the blog on the vent lights.

EnderShrike

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I think think they’re cool but I ain’t drilling lol I don’t want them that much.
I am wary as well about making the mods, but I am hoping replacement vents are not too expensive. I would mod a pair of replacements and not sweat it if they got messed up. And if it worked, I would still have the originals if I wanted to go back stock. Again, that hinges on these plastic parts not being expensive at the parts desk!

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Whew ... for a second I thought this was going to be about Brenthon replacement badging.

OP
OP
Alfredo

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Not to be repetitive, but curious about the LED strips, where you got them, model details, etc. I would love to do this once I get my BS. They look awesome! I was not able to find the blog on the vent lights.
Used a lightning kit called EZLINK, sold at Walmart, the light strips can be cut to size, every three LED there's a scissor mark. It has a control module to change colors and do all sorts of things. Next, I popped the door vents out, a long handled curved needle nose plyers will prove invaluable for releasing the clips that hold the vent in place, there are three clips, without those needle nosed curved plyers, I didn't see a way of popping that vent out without damaging something. and you have the door ajar and work from the inside of the door to get to the clips, use the mirror to find the clips, good luck, space is very cramped and this 67 year old body was not a happy camper. I haven't bent and twisted like that in years. Once the vents are out, drill a series of holes at the upper corner of the vent, and use a set of fine files to shape the hole into a slot that will allow the light strip to pass through. I know is a new vehicle and is nerve wracking to go drilling into it. Work slowly as if you're defusing a bomb, mistakes here will be highly visible. I was nauseated with a feeling of impending doom throughout the whole thing, as popping the hood on these Broncos is like braking into a cursed Pharaohs tomb, and unleashing all kinds of hell. Clean with alcohol the surface where the strip will be glued to. In addition to the light strip's adhesive, I also added superglue for additional strength. Then sealed the slot from the back with liquid tape. Also put a dab of liquid tape on the LED's that won't be visible to avoid unwanted glare and reflections. The rest is just a matter of choice, finding a power source, I spliced into the left fender marker and the light comes on whenever the automatic headlamps come on. I personally would prefer they stay on as long as the vehicle is on, but that's a project for another occasion. I'm wore out mentally and physically. I will order spare vents and probably re-do this project. When I did it, I didn't realize there are kits with remote control. Right now, the control unit to change colors and do other things, is in the engine compartment. I would have to do lots of cutting and splicing to get that control unit in the cab. But with the remote control one, no need to run anything inside the cab. Essential tools and extension cables, there are two per box, you will need three to reach the passenger side of the vehicle, and one for the driver's side. Hope this helps.

Attachments
Quote Reply
[ATTACH=full]14570[/ATTACH]
Alfredo
Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Emblems base

May 5, 2021
A few more pics.

Attachments
Quote Reply
[ATTACH=full]14576[/ATTACH]
Alfredo

May 5, 2021
The last pic, if you zoom in, you'll see 4 individual LED lights, with cables going in between the door and fender. This was done to test the concept before doing anything permanent.

Quote Reply
[ATTACH=full]14578[/ATTACH]
Alfredo

Jun 1, 2021
I would suggest to anyone attempting this project, to order a set of spare vents, and install the light strip on them first before doing anything to the vehicle. If you mess up , you'll learn a lesson but your vehicle will not be affected. Stay away from the thin LED strips, they're too fragile and will break at the point it enters the the vent.

Quote Reply

[ATTACH=full]14580[/ATTACH]
Remove formatting

BoldItalicUnderlineStrike-through

Text colorFont familyFont size

Insert linkInsert imageSmiliesInsert

AlignmentListIndentOutdentInsert table

UndoRedo

DraftsToggle BB code

Write your reply...

Post reply Preview
Attach files

CONVERSATION INFO
Participants2Replies4Last reply dateJun 1, 2021Last reply fromAlfredo
CONVERSATION PARTICIPANTS
  1. [ATTACH=full]14581[/ATTACH]
    Alfredo
  2. [ATTACH=full]14582[/ATTACH]
    Gcshaffer
Advertisement

Connect with us
Facebook Twitter Contact us RSS

Forum software by XenForo® © 2010-2020 XenForo Ltd. | Xenforo Add-ons © by ©XenTR
  • 2021+ Ford Bronco Sport Forum - Broncosportforum.com would like you

OP
OP
Alfredo

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
I think think they’re cool but I ain’t drilling lol I don’t want them that much.
Lol. Believe me I understand, I was quite traumatized myself drilling on my brand new car. Everything on this vehicle loosens or pops with a loud crack, making you think you just broke something.

OP
OP
Alfredo

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
I am wary as well about making the mods, but I am hoping replacement vents are not too expensive. I would mod a pair of replacements and not sweat it if they got messed up. And if it worked, I would still have the originals if I wanted to go back stock. Again, that hinges on these plastic parts not being expensive at the parts desk!
I believe I paid $40 for the set.
Sponsored