jakeguitar01

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I recently bought the Aeroskin II hood protector and I just want to know if the adhesive is safe to bring through a carwash. The website says carwash safe but I trust this forum above all. If anyone who knows wants to help me out that would be appreciated!

Link for reference: https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/auto-ventshade-aeroskin-ii-hood-protector-textured-black-436188/_/R-BBFF-436188
I have used mine through many car washes. No issues. I'd wait a few days after putting it in for the adhesive to bond really well. But besides that, I have never had an issue.

OP
OP
OneTakeJake

OneTakeJake

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have used mine through many car washes. No issues. I'd wait a few days after putting it in for the adhesive to bond really well. But besides that, I have never had an issue.
That was my plan. Thank you!

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Mine has been on for almost a year now, probably stopped several stone chips by now.

slowpoke17

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '19 Ranger,'09 MB, '77 & 03 Corvette,
I had a deflector similar to this on one of my trucks. Do you find it traps debris on the backside? I removed it after a few months and found that it didn't drain that well and started to ruin the paint. It sounds like this is right on the hood with no gap?

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I had a deflector similar to this on one of my trucks. Do you find it traps debris on the backside? I removed it after a few months and found that it didn't drain that well and started to ruin the paint. It sounds like this is right on the hood with no gap?
Anything that collects (leaves, pine needles,etc.) usually blows off when driving. I think there is a slight gap, about 1 mm or so because of the adhesive strip.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
There is a slight gap and others have suggested leaving a small gap in the adhesive tape in the front for drainage as well.

michelleperms

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
I had a deflector similar to this on one of my trucks. Do you find it traps debris on the backside? I removed it after a few months and found that it didn't drain that well and started to ruin the paint. It sounds like this is right on the hood with no gap car detailing falls church va?
I have been going to Flagship for carwash. I asked them specifically about VW ID4 suitability in their carwash. They gave a generic answer about Auto manufacturers coming to test ... they wash Teslas all the time etc. Any one has any more insight into this?

I put the car into neutral while going through the wash (BTW I invariably go into R before trying again to go into N) and it gives me warnings (roll related, some feature disabled etc. - next time i will note down specific warnings). I wonder why VW did not give a carwash mode. Just wanted to invite comments on your experience with this thread. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have been going to Flagship for carwash. I asked them specifically about VW ID4 suitability in their carwash. They gave a generic answer about Auto manufacturers coming to test ... they wash Teslas all the time etc. Any one has any more insight into this?

I put the car into neutral while going through the wash (BTW I invariably go into R before trying again to go into N) and it gives me warnings (roll related, some feature disabled etc. - next time i will note down specific warnings). I wonder why VW did not give a carwash mode. Just wanted to invite comments on your experience with this thread. Thanks!
I'm very confused by this post. It sounds like you are asking for others' experiences taking their VW ID4 vehicles through automatic carwashes on a forum for Bronco Sport owners. What am I missing?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I'm very confused by this post. It sounds like you are asking for others' experiences taking their VW ID4 vehicles through automatic carwashes on a forum for Bronco Sport owners. What am I missing?
Clearly a VW ID4! :cool:

GoHack

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport, '20 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
I recently bought the Aeroskin II hood protector and I just want to know if the adhesive is safe to bring through a carwash. The website says carwash safe but I trust this forum above all. If anyone who knows wants to help me out that would be appreciated!

Link for reference: https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/auto-ventshade-aeroskin-ii-hood-protector-textured-black-436188/_/R-BBFF-436188
I have one installed on my '20 Toyota Tacoma, no issues whatsoever, including going through car washes.
I'm getting one for my new Bronco Sport ASAP.

Update: Got it finally installed.

Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin II Hood Protector -- OK for automatic car wash IMG_0344.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin II Hood Protector -- OK for automatic car wash IMG_0345.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin II Hood Protector -- OK for automatic car wash IMG_0346.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: