mizzoubronco

Big Bend
First Name
T.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
My wife gifted me some Ford Bronco Sport Splash Guards (black molded, front and back) for Christmas. I was a little nervous that it would diminish the “off-road” appearance of my bronco sport but as someone that loves protecting and keeping their vehicle clean, I think the pros outweigh the cons.

The installation was easy (and this is from someone that generally doesn’t do any body modifications or add-one to previous vehicles)… although I felt a little nervous drilling into the trim, you’ll have to do this for the front flaps.

On cue we got our first snow after Christmas and have another storm on the way this weekend… so I’m glad I took advantage of the warmer temps on Christmas Day to install these before Baymax (my BS BB) could get all dirty and cold. They work great; really reduce the amount of snow, slush, and mixture of salt, sand and dirt splashing up on the sides and back.

Once again, realize they aren’t for everyone (and if you’re out west where it only rains once a month or something, I’d definitely skip them), but I’m happy with the results.

Ford Bronco Sport Added Bronco Sport splash guards… finally snow in central iowa AA840596-DF3D-4E92-BDF0-CCE82CDCE1A7
Ford Bronco Sport Added Bronco Sport splash guards… finally snow in central iowa 2848D426-6CE7-419B-83E8-BF55B2647BC5
Ford Bronco Sport Added Bronco Sport splash guards… finally snow in central iowa C7B48165-0F19-4F1D-AE45-E4713274B2F9

Ford Bronco Sport Added Bronco Sport splash guards… finally snow in central iowa 1088E78B-FB78-4A28-857B-E030075AC147
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Looks great. I ordered mine with them was not sure I would like how far down the rear ones stick down. But not as noticeable in person as in pictures. Helps keep rocks from kicking up on underside and side of vehicle too.

Ford Bronco Sport Added Bronco Sport splash guards… finally snow in central iowa Bronco at home 3

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
One other note, with rear mud flaps watch out backing up to curbs. If mud flap gets caught between curb and tire and tire rotates it can pull mud flap off. Had it happen on a car before. But on my sport the bottom of the flap sits high enough it was above the curbs I have backed up to.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for the pics & review! I definitely plan to add these. For snow & slush here, definitely needed.

OP
OP
mizzoubronco

mizzoubronco

Big Bend
First Name
T.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Thanks for the pics & review! I definitely plan to add these. For snow & slush here, definitely needed.
There are definitely more expensive and more elaborate options out there on the ford accessories site… something to consider before you order.

Reactions: MJE

OP
OP
mizzoubronco

mizzoubronco

Big Bend
First Name
T.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
One other note, with rear mud flaps watch out backing up to curbs. If mud flap gets caught between curb and tire and tire rotates it can pull mud flap off. Had it happen on a car before. But on my sport the bottom of the flap sits high enough it was above the curbs I have backed up to.
Good tip, that’s something I’ve definitely thought about.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
mizzoubronco

mizzoubronco

Big Bend
First Name
T.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Like these, $250 for front and another $250 for rear:

https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-sport-2021-gatorback-heavy-duty-front-splash-guard-pair-1

I remember seeing those when I ordered mine and thought I think the cheaper ones will be fine...
I’ve been toying with the idea of the black fender flares with these but apparently they are not “compatible” with the fender flares. I feel like the combination would look great. Wonder how hard and what would be required to modify to make it work.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been toying with the idea of the black fender flares with these but apparently they are not “compatible” with the fender flares. I feel like the combination would look great. Wonder how hard and what would be required to modify to make it work.
Ppl have trimmed the mud flaps to get them to work with the flares. I don't have link but ppl have posted up trimming of front mud flaps and they will fit.

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
My wife gifted me some Ford Bronco Sport Splash Guards (black molded, front and back) for Christmas. I was a little nervous that it would diminish the “off-road” appearance of my bronco sport but as someone that loves protecting and keeping their vehicle clean, I think the pros outweigh the cons.

The installation was easy (and this is from someone that generally doesn’t do any body modifications or add-one to previous vehicles)… although I felt a little nervous drilling into the trim, you’ll have to do this for the front flaps.

On cue we got our first snow after Christmas and have another storm on the way this weekend… so I’m glad I took advantage of the warmer temps on Christmas Day to install these before Baymax (my BS BB) could get all dirty and cold. They work great; really reduce the amount of snow, slush, and mixture of salt, sand and dirt splashing up on the sides and back.

Once again, realize they aren’t for everyone (and if you’re out west where it only rains once a month or something, I’d definitely skip them), but I’m happy with the results.

Ford Bronco Sport Added Bronco Sport splash guards… finally snow in central iowa AA840596-DF3D-4E92-BDF0-CCE82CDCE1A7
Ford Bronco Sport Added Bronco Sport splash guards… finally snow in central iowa 2848D426-6CE7-419B-83E8-BF55B2647BC5
Ford Bronco Sport Added Bronco Sport splash guards… finally snow in central iowa C7B48165-0F19-4F1D-AE45-E4713274B2F9

Ford Bronco Sport Added Bronco Sport splash guards… finally snow in central iowa 1088E78B-FB78-4A28-857B-E030075AC147
love the Baymax sticker lol

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I have the OEM mud flaps and later on decided to add the bushwacker fender flares, The front flaps had to be removed and then trimmed to fit,

Jasonj7858

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Big Bend..22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ford Bronco Sport Added Bronco Sport splash guards… finally snow in central iowa Resized_20220312_152216
the mud flaps and flares work good together. Just trim the top of the front mudflaps and it will work.
I had my dealer install the flares after delivery and the mudflaps were ordered with my badlands

Reactions: MJE

watchnerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
Looks great. I ordered mine with them was not sure I would like how far down the rear ones stick down. But not as noticeable in person as in pictures. Helps keep rocks from kicking up on underside and side of vehicle too.

Ford Bronco Sport Added Bronco Sport splash guards… finally snow in central iowa Bronco at home 3
Do you still get splash from the front tires with these?
Sponsored