tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
The Acast App is going away - Acast is going to continue to work with Podcasters, but are discontinuing their Acast App. Acast is one of the few podcast options that I can find that are supported by Ford Sync3. The only two seemingly still available that work with Ford is iHeartRadio and Pandora. Does anyone have any other solutions that they use? I listen to Pod casts all the time - I have a long commute. Pandora and iHeartRadio seem buggy (particularly Pandora) - and do not work without a USB attachment very well. They do seem to work better if you use a USB connection, but Acast used to work great with Bluetooth only.
I seem to spend most of my time troubleshooting and fighting with iHeartRadio and Pandora rather than listening to them.
Any news of any other apps that Ford will be supporting in the future? I wish Wase was natively supported - but it at least works well with Android Auto and a USB connection.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Is there no Spotify?

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Android auto it is I guess.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
The Acast App is going away - Acast is going to continue to work with Podcasters, but are discontinuing their Acast App. Acast is one of the few podcast options that I can find that are supported by Ford Sync3. The only two seemingly still available that work with Ford is iHeartRadio and Pandora. Does anyone have any other solutions that they use? I listen to Pod casts all the time - I have a long commute. Pandora and iHeartRadio seem buggy (particularly Pandora) - and do not work without a USB attachment very well. They do seem to work better if you use a USB connection, but Acast used to work great with Bluetooth only.
I seem to spend most of my time troubleshooting and fighting with iHeartRadio and Pandora rather than listening to them.
Any news of any other apps that Ford will be supporting in the future? I wish Wase was natively supported - but it at least works well with Android Auto and a USB connection.
Hum, I haven't tried podcast yet to see if that works. Let you know in a bit

Ford/Alexa app

Edit: Here is a list of podcast that work with Alexa. I tried it with a couple I listen to once in a while.

Last edited:

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spotify works for sure and Castbox works the last time I checked.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
I agree about iHeart being buggy. I have to start a podcast manually on my phone before starting the vehicle. Otherwise the iHeart vehicle app wants to start the podcast over from the beginning. But iHeart on my phone works fine. I've not been able to solve the issue and eventually quit using the iHeart vehicle app.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I think your best bet is Android Auto/CarPlay. Alternatively, if you have your phone in a holder and readily available you can set SYNC audio input to Bluetooth and listen to whatever podcast app you like. Many media-based apps offer a driving mode with a simplified user interface.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I listen to a lot of podcasts, Pandora for radio, and my youngest pays the family subscription for Spotify so I get cool things like my 42 hour long JRock playlist. Some of the most solid rock on the planet right now, and I don't understand a word of it.