A few things you may (or may not) want to know . . . tips for new / soon to be new owners [Text Post & YouTube]

Which list of quirks and features did you think was interesting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zach

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hey y'all,

Back again with my second YouTube video about the Bronco Sport. I ended up taking delivery last Thursday, and I had a chance to poke around and hopefully gather a few thoughts for new owners or people on the fence about the Bronco sport. (that I hope are useful) I know not everyone is into videos, so this post covers every detail in the YouTube video (plus a couple things I forgot to cover in the video). The video is a bit of a tribute to Doug DeMuro, and I am walking through some of the good-to-know quirks and features, none of which he mentioned in his review. Either way, hope this is helpful for some. Let me know what you think!

Here's the full list:

1. Fear not, don't lose your pen. If a bottle opener wasn't enough, I found a nifty little place where you can store a pen. I have no idea why this is there, or if it would ever be useful in 2021, but I now have a safe space to store a pen in my center console.
  2. Don't mess up your rear passenger seatbelts. When you are folding down the rear seats, store the seatbelts in the little catch things. If you don't you may squish / damage your seatbelt in the latch mechanism which anchors the rear seats in place.
  3. Don't want a cluttered gauge cluster? Activate the "Calm Screen" menu selection in the gauge cluster to have a minimalist display of only miles (or kilometers) per hour.
  4. Looking for extra gear storage? Try next to the spare tire. There is a lot of room for knick-knacks like a fire extinguisher, flashlight, jumper cables, gloves, reflector vest etc. etc. Lift up the cover of the spare tire and stash away a few things out of sight you may need in a pinch.
  5. Tip for non-badlands owners: use the cargo floor to level out the rear cargo area. The notches in the cargo floor allow you to raise up the floor so it is flush with the layflat seats. If you are trying to get some sleep in the back of the suv, this may be the tip for you.
  6. Don't ruin your transmission if you have to tow the BS. Since this is an AWD equipped vehicle, check out the transmission section of the owners manual for the steps to make the car tow ready. You'll have to pull the lever adjacent to the driver's footwell and disconnect the battery in a specific sequence to make sure everything is good to go.
  7. There are some weird felt flap things between the driver and front passenger seat and the center console. I have no idea what they are but I thought it was funky. What do y'all think?
  8. There are actually 3 cameras on the BS (depending on options / trim). Front camera, rear camera, and the camera in the windshield which reads speed signs and enables the driver alert & lane correction features.
  9. License plate frame PSA: 4 bolts in the front, 2 bolts in the rear. You probably won't be able to bolt down your license plate frame in the front because there are these two funky tabs which prevent you from having the license plate frame sit flush with the license plate. Much easier to see in the video but pretty annoying nonetheless.
  10. PSA rear under seat storage: The largest laptop I can fit in the rear right passenger seat storage is my 16" Macbook pro I have for work. It sits basically flush and anything smaller should fit no problem.
  11. The glove box does not lock. Merh. They sell a locking center console vault and a locking under right passenger seat storage unit but it limits the volume you have for storage and it's more $$. Seems like an omission. Other omissions to me are the wtf of having a wireless charger but no wireless carplay / android auto, and having a button to open the tailgate from the driver's seat when it's not powered. I feel like I may accidentally bump it, and I need to go back there anyway to open it up.
Anyway, that's it! Let me know if any of these are useful and if I shared any info y'all hadn't heard about. Feel free to drop comments on the YouTube video / this forum post of what you'd like to see in upcoming episodes.

Cheers,

Zach
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I knew there was a pen holder because I stumbled across the part when browsing the Ford parts website. I've always used those to hold a tire pressure gauge. Probably not a lot of need for one in the age of TPMS but that could be a use for someone that airs down the tires and doesn't want to keep checking the dash.

OP
OP
zach

zach

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I knew there was a pen holder because I stumbled across the part when browsing the Ford parts website. I've always used those to hold a tire pressure gauge. Probably not a lot of need for one in the age of TPMS but that could be a use for someone that airs down the tires and doesn't want to keep checking the dash.
Tire pressure gauge sounds like a great idea. Or maybe even a tire deflator if that could fit there. Seems to be so much stuff on the Ford parts site! Hopefully black bronco logos soon. Would love to replace mine.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Also, great video. I can't wait to receive my BL+BL soon. This gets me really excited. And so many helpful tips I haven't heard about yet. Thanks!

Vreezy

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey y'all,

Back again with my second YouTube video about the Bronco Sport. I ended up taking delivery last Thursday, and I had a chance to poke around and hopefully gather a few thoughts for new owners or people on the fence about the Bronco sport. (that I hope are useful) I know not everyone is into videos, so this post covers every detail in the YouTube video (plus a couple things I forgot to cover in the video). The video is a bit of a tribute to Doug DeMuro, and I am walking through some of the good-to-know quirks and features, none of which he mentioned in his review. Either way, hope this is helpful for some. Let me know what you think!

Here's the full list:

1. Fear not, don't lose your pen. If a bottle opener wasn't enough, I found a nifty little place where you can store a pen. I have no idea why this is there, or if it would ever be useful in 2021, but I now have a safe space to store a pen in my center console.
  2. Don't mess up your rear passenger seatbelts. When you are folding down the rear seats, store the seatbelts in the little catch things. If you don't you may squish / damage your seatbelt in the latch mechanism which anchors the rear seats in place.
  3. Don't want a cluttered gauge cluster? Activate the "Calm Screen" menu selection in the gauge cluster to have a minimalist display of only miles (or kilometers) per hour.
  4. Looking for extra gear storage? Try next to the spare tire. There is a lot of room for knick-knacks like a fire extinguisher, flashlight, jumper cables, gloves, reflector vest etc. etc. Lift up the cover of the spare tire and stash away a few things out of sight you may need in a pinch.
  5. Tip for non-badlands owners: use the cargo floor to level out the rear cargo area. The notches in the cargo floor allow you to raise up the floor so it is flush with the layflat seats. If you are trying to get some sleep in the back of the suv, this may be the tip for you.
  6. Don't ruin your transmission if you have to tow the BS. Since this is an AWD equipped vehicle, check out the transmission section of the owners manual for the steps to make the car tow ready. You'll have to pull the lever adjacent to the driver's footwell and disconnect the battery in a specific sequence to make sure everything is good to go.
  7. There are some weird felt flap things between the driver and front passenger seat and the center console. I have no idea what they are but I thought it was funky. What do y'all think?
  8. There are actually 3 cameras on the BS (depending on options / trim). Front camera, rear camera, and the camera in the windshield which reads speed signs and enables the driver alert & lane correction features.
  9. License plate frame PSA: 4 bolts in the front, 2 bolts in the rear. You probably won't be able to bolt down your license plate frame in the front because there are these two funky tabs which prevent you from having the license plate frame sit flush with the license plate. Much easier to see in the video but pretty annoying nonetheless.
  10. PSA rear under seat storage: The largest laptop I can fit in the rear right passenger seat storage is my 16" Macbook pro I have for work. It sits basically flush and anything smaller should fit no problem.
  11. The glove box does not lock. Merh. They sell a locking center console vault and a locking under right passenger seat storage unit but it limits the volume you have for storage and it's more $$. Seems like an omission. Other omissions to me are the wtf of having a wireless charger but no wireless carplay / android auto, and having a button to open the tailgate from the driver's seat when it's not powered. I feel like I may accidentally bump it, and I need to go back there anyway to open it up.
Anyway, that's it! Let me know if any of these are useful and if I shared any info y'all hadn't heard about. Feel free to drop comments on the YouTube video / this forum post of what you'd like to see in upcoming episodes.

Cheers,

Zach
Pretty sure that pen holder you're talking about is a cable clip for a cable plugged into the console USB.

OP
OP
zach

zach

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
7. The felt flappy things are to collect dropped fries, of course!
Also, great video. I can't wait to receive my BL+BL soon. This gets me really excited. And so many helpful tips I haven't heard about yet. Thanks!
Haha I think they will actually guide the fries to fall 100% under the seat but at least your leather won't get greasy on the way down. Also, really happy I could be helpful! How soon before you get to pick it up from the dealer?

I don't have my BS yet, so these are all new to me. Thanks.

PS: like the beard.
Happy to help! And, thanks I grew it myself ?

Vreezy

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Nah, it actually is a pen/pencil holder. Here's the replacement part on Ford:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/other-trim-parts/holder-pencil-6532911-1
I'll take your word for it but that product page is pretty horrible lol. There is no indication that it's for the bronco sport and the single picture for the product offers no help in identifying its use.

Edit: NM, I had to put in my area code and actually select a dealer and it showed it was for the bronco sport then and added a parts diagram. Still could use a better picture for the part imo.

OP
OP
zach

zach

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
That was very informative for a lot of new owners and future owners.The only one that caught me off guard was the things in between the seats and center armrest, need to further investigate that situation.Also Zach I started a week or so ago explaining the purpose of the two bulging lines on the hood of the bronco sport ,(please see my post.)I would like to get your spin on that.Great segment keep it going. Jrl Pittsburgh Pa.
Hey Jim,

Thanks for the comment appreciate the love! You know, I actually read your thoughts on this and I think you're right. I'm hoping to get offroad and really put your hypothesis through it's paces but you may be on to something. Could likely be a happy coincidence since it's probably stiffer than a flat hood / design reasons but yeah. I think you're on the right track.

Reactions: Jrl

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
The felt between the seats and the center console is there to prevent stuff from falling into the seat track.

Reactions: Jrl

afizzzzz

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Ranger XLT 4x4 3.0 Manual/'21 BS BB 4x4 base
Tip for non-badlands owners: use the cargo floor to level out the rear cargo area. The notches in the cargo floor allow you to raise up the floor so it is flush with the layflat seats. If you are trying to get some sleep in the back of the suv, this may be the tip for you.
Ford Bronco Sport A few things you may (or may not) want to know . . . tips for new / soon to be new owners [Text Post & YouTube] latest?cb=20160916061147
Sponsored