Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It appears that TSB (technical service bulletin) 22N18 is available on all 1.5L engines after the recall work involving the drain tube and PCM programming is complete. This provides for one-time replacement of high-pressure fuel injectors in the event an OEM injector cracks. I believe this is the genesis of the rumors we've been hearing from owners told that their fuel injectors are warranted for 150K. You can read more about it here:

https://www.tsbsearch.com/Ford/22S73

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I also got the letter.
- I did not notice any symptoms as described / smell, etc.
- I contacted the dealer and they ordered the part anyways and want / must? replace it anyways.
Is this normal? ... to avoid any legal problems / liability?
Thanks

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
So, only if the injectors crack...correct? If they are fine now, we don't have to take it in?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
So, only if the injectors crack...correct? If they are fine now, we don't have to take it in?
Yes, that's the way I read it:

When FSA 22S73 [this is the recall to install the fuel drain tube and PCM software] is completed and claimed, customer satisfaction program 22N18 (to be released in January 2023) will be automatically activated on the VIN, which will provide a one-time repair to replace the high-pressure fuel injectors in the event of a cracked high-pressure injector...

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Well good. I could wait for 60 to 70K miles or more, then ask for them to be replaced under this customer satisfaction program. I could make one crack...
Sponsored