$680 Front/Read Mudflaps - Compatible with Badlands Premium Package?

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
During negotiations with my dealer tonight on a new 2022 Badlands Bronco Sport, in a last gasp of submittal, I went for the sales manager jugular... my final tactic was to "go for the free flaps"..

I negotiated "dealer cost" with installation included for this accessory:
"Mudflaps Kit – Front & Rear" $680

Photo

But.. when I was noodling with the Build and Price tool at Ford.com I was not allowed to select both the $680 Mudflaps Kit AND the $2085 Premium package.

Are they incompatible?

Ford Bronco Sport $680 Front/Read Mudflaps - Compatible with Badlands Premium Package? NoMudFlapsForYou
Sponsored

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mud flaps are easy to install.
You-Tube has videos.
And, they're not that expensive.
Buy them with your Ford Pass Points after you take ownership, and buy the Package you want.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I believe incompatible only in the configurator for whatever odd reason. Your dealer should have no problem providing them, there’s nothing in the premium package that would change the fit of the mudflaps at all.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Mine is a 2021 so it has the "Badlands" package which is just the name of MY1 "Premium" package. I have those Gatorback mud flaps installed on mine. Really not a bad DIY to do. Didn't remove any wheels. I also got a "special price" for mine. I want to say they gave me all 4 for $500. Expensive but well worth it over the hard plastic IMO. As part of the vehicle sale, they also fall under the warranty but I think they'll outlast the car.

Ford Bronco Sport $680 Front/Read Mudflaps - Compatible with Badlands Premium Package? DSC04885.JPG

OP
OP
TakeTheBlack

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
Mine is a 2021 so it has the "Badlands" package which is just the name of MY1 "Premium" package. I have those Gatorback mud flaps installed on mine. Really not a bad DIY to do. Didn't remove any wheels. I also got a "special price" for mine. I want to say they gave me all 4 for $500. Expensive but well worth it over the hard plastic IMO. As part of the vehicle sale, they also fall under the warranty but I think they'll outlast the car.

Ford Bronco Sport $680 Front/Read Mudflaps - Compatible with Badlands Premium Package? DSC04885.JPG
If those are the mud flaps from Ford Accessories I must have them (look great)

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Hahaha my Ford mud flaps were $56 each, installation included at Ford.
They did not have the white lettering.
Ford Bronco Sport $680 Front/Read Mudflaps - Compatible with Badlands Premium Package? E9F4D632-3D64-45BC-87C2-16818C6C1B07

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
If those are the mud flaps from Ford Accessories I must have them (look great)
Yeah, these are the Ford Accessories Gatorback mudflaps, same ones you'd get by ordering.
P/N: VM1PZ-16A550-A and VM1PZ-16A550-B.

The lettering is actually a stainless plate with black paint mounted onto the flap.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
For $700 they better wash the whole car when the get dirty lmao.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Hahaha my Ford mud flaps were $56 each, installation included at Ford.
They did not have the white lettering.
Ford Bronco Sport $680 Front/Read Mudflaps - Compatible with Badlands Premium Package? E9F4D632-3D64-45BC-87C2-16818C6C1B07
Your mudflaps don't really flap, they're hard plastic. The Gatorback ones are rubber. They are stupid expensive but they are much better and more robust.

I don't know if your front one is already broken or it has some sort of liquid dripping down it.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The Gatorbacks really are fantastic quality. Not sure I would have paid over $500 for them had my dealer not thrown them into my sale for free, but they're definitely solid.

Ford Bronco Sport $680 Front/Read Mudflaps - Compatible with Badlands Premium Package? 20210807_094321

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
During negotiations with my dealer tonight on a new 2022 Badlands Bronco Sport, in a last gasp of submittal, I went for the sales manager jugular... my final tactic was to "go for the free flaps"..

I negotiated "dealer cost" with installation included for this accessory:
"Mudflaps Kit – Front & Rear" $680

Photo

But.. when I was noodling with the Build and Price tool at Ford.com I was not allowed to select both the $680 Mudflaps Kit AND the $2085 Premium package.

Are they incompatible?

Ford Bronco Sport $680 Front/Read Mudflaps - Compatible with Badlands Premium Package? NoMudFlapsForYou
Just an FYI for those considering Fords Gatorback mud flaps, I ordered a few months ago for $412 front and rear including shipping (ordered from a Ford internet parts store). But getting it for $500 installed is a good deal even given the installation is easy. $680 or whatever it costs to order nowadays is just too high. I also have the Premium package and there is no incompatibility … the online ordering system just did not allow that option and several others with the Premium package.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Why cant they make flaps that are compatible with the Fender Flares :( as I want both.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
For $700 they better wash the whole car when the get dirty lmao.
Your mudflaps don't really flap, they're hard plastic. The Gatorback ones are rubber. They are stupid expensive but they are much better and more robust.

I don't know if your front one is already broken or it has some sort of liquid dripping down it.
I can bend mine, rubber I guess but rather rigid, stiff.
No cracks as they are flexible. That was water I guess.
26,000 miles now, a bit of off roading in the woods, they work fine and feel like many inexpensive flaps I’ve had in the past on many different vehicles. Never cracked or broke any of them and Never paid much for them.
I remember buying pairs that look like every other mud flap for $29 at autozone or some such shop and never a problem.
Sponsored

Last edited: