63 percent of buyers coming from other automakers so far, Jeep the biggest loser.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
According to Ford, more Bronco Sport buyers are defecting from Jeep than any other brand. The Bronco Sport is doing a great job of poaching buyers from other brands, with 63 percent of buyers coming from other automakers so far.

While Jeep vehicles are often lauded for their off-road capability, much of this success can likely be attributed to the fact that the Bronco Sport has also proven to be a surprisingly capable vehicle off-road as well.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/2021-ford-bronco-sport-buyers-defecting-from-jeep-more-than-any-brand/
Sponsored

DawnMac

Big Bend
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I defected from Jeep (owned Grand Cherokee, Liberty, 2 Wranglers). I am very happy with my Bronco Sport!

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Owned my last Toyota for over a decade but was disappointed with the 2019 RAV4 redesign, even on the Adventure trim. Went with a new Sport because of insane used car prices and I got a solid deal with 0.9% financing.

@DawnMac Did you have any 'Mickey Mouse' problems with your Jeeps? My family's 2014 Compass had nothing but issues due to cheap components failing; we replaced the air blend door actuator three or four times.

Last edited:

DawnMac

Big Bend
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
@SportWest. Grand Cherokee went thru brakes like potato chips. Liberty shook when on highway (great around town). Wranglers undercarriage rusted terribly and the soft top panels faded so much I couldn't see thru them. Other than that, they were great! :cwl:

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Owned my last Toyota for over a decade but was disappointed with the 2019 RAV4 redesign, even on the Adventure trim. Went with a new Sport because of insane used car prices and I got a solid deal with 0.9% financing.

@DawnMac Did you have any 'Mickey Mouse' problems with your Jeeps? My family's 2014 Compass had nothing but issues due to cheap components failing; we replaced the air blend door actuator three or four times.
Yeah the 2019 rav4 looks weird, i still have the 2011 rav4 v6 no problems with it then we got a bigbend. Bigbend left my rav4 in the dust accelaration/speed, thumbs up!

Ford Bronco Sport 63 percent of buyers coming from other automakers so far, Jeep the biggest loser. B88191BE-8C25-41E0-9C1B-ABBC314D9847

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
@SportWest. Grand Cherokee went thru brakes like potato chips. Liberty shook when on highway (great around town). Wranglers undercarriage rusted terribly and the soft top panels faded so much I couldn't see thru them. Other than that, they were great! :cwl:
I am coming from 1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo that I bought new and traded in for a 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport (first year redesign from KJ to KK) that I am currently driving. Corrosion getting really bad underneath and various other places after 14 NY state winters and salt. Ordered BB back in February but still not expected to be built by mid July. I won't get until around Early August if this last build week holds.

Scottp528

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I had a Jeep Renegade prior. It was a great vehicle and luckily I never had any issues with it unlike some owners. I traded it for a 2019 Ford Ranger and traded the Ranger for my Bronco.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I was thinking about Renegade when they first came out. Then I saw the wimpy engines and said forget that.
Sponsored