What brand were you driving before your Bronco Sport?

• Total voters

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
According to latest sales stats the Bronco Sport is conquesting over 60 percent of its sales from outside of Ford:

Bronco Sport March 2021 and Q1 Sales Results

It's true for me, I'm switching after my third Subaru (well, we still have the second, it's my wife's WRX, but returned the third, a newer Impreza) to a Bronco Sport Badlands.

What about everyone else? What brand were you driving before getting your new Bronco Sport?
I haven't bought a Ford in 40 years. Most of my adult life I've bought a new vehicle every year and had a new company car as well. I've driven mostly full-sized 4WD trucks and SUV's. Just came from a 2019 GMC Terrain Denali.

I have had a Bronco Sport Badlands/BL, Area 51/gray on order for a couple of months and its scheduled for a build week of 05/10, but who knows. This week the dealer I ordered from (friend of my son's) called and said he had a customer back out on one exactly like I have ordered. Naturally I accepted and it's parked in the garage. I worked in the auto industry for 35 years and have become pretty jaded with cars. This Bronco is the first car I've been excited about in years. In fact my son commented the same to me.

Last edited:

Scott_NYC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The car I had before this one was a 2014 Mazda CX5. Great car but I have been waiting to get the Bronco Sport since it was announced. Glad to make the switch :)

Davenorton

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BadLands/Badlands trim Black over rapid red.
This is my 1st Ford. My previous 4 vehicles were all Nissans.
I'm a long time owner and abuser of xterras .My latest is an 07 off road 6 speed. It's getting long in the tooth ,and I would be all over a later than 2015 ,if they existed, or I could find one that had been a garage queen.
The BL/BL seems like a reasonable move

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I have a 2021 BS Outer Banks on order. This is my first Ford. First car was a 95 Chevy S10, 2005 Chevy HHR, 2013 Toyota Corolla and now the Bronco. I live in the North East and I'm tired of struggling with snow! Can't wait until my Bronco arrives!

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 FX2
Ford owner since 1993: Rangers, Bronco II, Mustangs, F-150s (currently drive an '08 FX2)

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
According to latest sales stats the Bronco Sport is conquesting over 60 percent of its sales from outside of Ford:

Bronco Sport March 2021 and Q1 Sales Results

It's true for me, I'm switching after my third Subaru (well, we still have the second, it's my wife's WRX, but returned the third, a newer Impreza) to a Bronco Sport Badlands.

What about everyone else? What brand were you driving before getting your new Bronco Sport?
I’ve owned nothing but Fords since my 67 Mustang in 1972.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
All my life I ridiculed people for buying SUVs and AWD. Now I am a total hypocrite. The way I justify BS is that it's same length and motor as a Focus. Just more 'merica.

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've had Ford for the last 10 years. Went through 2 Fusions before finally deciding to move into the 4WD market. Tired of dealing with crappy roads in the winter time :)

BeskarBronco

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I was set on 4Runners until I saw the Bronco Sport and took it for a spin. Nimble, fast, fun, and so much headroom.

Bada Big Bada Bend!

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Coming from a 2006 Land Rover LR3. Getting the BS BB on May 27th! It'll be tough giving up all that power from the LR3. It's been great to me ever since I moved out to Colorado 6 years ago. It's shown me how awesome this state is and the surrounding western US.

Man, made some really good memories with that truck. Even rescued a few Jeeps and Tacomas along the trails and boy did I love talking to the owners once I helped them out and seeing how surprised they were about it's power and off-road capabilities. I'm going to love surprising people with the BS as well because I'm sure I'll meet plenty of doubters again on the trails!

But it is time to say goodbye to it, just too dang expensive to maintain after 210,000 miles! When I saw the BS introduced last year I told my wife that'll be our next car and we started saving. I just was immediately drawn to the BS because it seems like a total reincarnation of my LR3!! The safari roof, stadium seating, G.O.A.T. modes just like LR's Terrain Response system, the boxy design, boxy taillight assembly, and other similarities were just too good to be true! Heck, Ford has done a better job making the next LR than LR did with the Discovery 5 ?

I can't wait to give the GOAT modes a try, even if I don't have all of them. The BL was simply too hard to find let only over our budget, but no worries I know the BB will be a banger! You know, LR developed their Terrain Response system in 2001 and introduced it to the market in 2005 with the first LR3. There was really nothing at all out there like it, so much so that the Terrain Response won the Henry Ford Technology Award! And now, FINALLY, Ford has a system all to their own and I cannot wait to try it!

I'm getting the BB in CG and will update the tires ASAP. I've posted some photos of my gray LR3 and a CB BB with ATs on it, so if anyone is curious about the similarities you can take a look! The lens stretched out the LR so trust me it looks more boxy in person ?

Sorry for the long post, just joined like 5 minutes ago so I'm just pumped to be here and learn from everyone! Peace!

Ford Bronco Sport 60% of Bronco Sport owners coming from different brands. Are you? IMG_2040_br_1024x1024
Ford Bronco Sport 60% of Bronco Sport owners coming from different brands. Are you? IMG_4523
Ford Bronco Sport 60% of Bronco Sport owners coming from different brands. Are you? IMG_2042_br_1024x1024
Ford Bronco Sport 60% of Bronco Sport owners coming from different brands. Are you? IMG_4525.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport 60% of Bronco Sport owners coming from different brands. Are you? IMG_2041_br_1024x1024
Ford Bronco Sport 60% of Bronco Sport owners coming from different brands. Are you? IMG_4526
Ford Bronco Sport 60% of Bronco Sport owners coming from different brands. Are you? IMG_2034_br_1024x1024
Ford Bronco Sport 60% of Bronco Sport owners coming from different brands. Are you? IMG_4521
Ford Bronco Sport 60% of Bronco Sport owners coming from different brands. Are you? IMG_4543.JPG
Sponsored