dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
Chris, any chance I'd be able to fit 245/70R17 tires after I install the kit? Keeping stock wheels.
I think this is the size I ultimately want to put on. I think any wider will require a wider rim.

From what I understand these SHOULD fit, and the Discounttire site seems to think they will as well. Would love to see someone else go first. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
MAD Industries

MAD Industries

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First 2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Chris, any chance I'd be able to fit 245/70R17 tires after I install the kit? Keeping stock wheels.

Hello we have a much more aggressive wheel but nothing over a 30" OD would fit and clear at the critical turn radius areas where the shoulder of the tire passes the fender wheel edges at the bottom at the uni body junction locations front. We also were very close at the rear and had to remove the deflectors in front of the tires.

I went into detail on my original post on this.

With the OE Wheel you will be inside the fender wheel well bucket area so that may help but the only way to find out is test fit 1 tire front and back. Remember that if it just fits with less than a 1/4" static when you go into a driveway approach the suspension will articulate and hit as this moves that much when vehicle is in motion with down force and the wight of the vehicles engine.

As I had mentioned some of the FORD early marketing units had that size tire with KO3 and KO3s and they rubbed I saw this for my self.

I also noted earlier on my original post the a tire with a rounded shoulder will help also as KO2s and 3s have a very square shoulder.

Nothing bothers me more and would never let a vehicle go out to a client if the tires hit the fender and tear up the sheet metal or plastic fender bucket.

Regards
Chris

OP
OP
MAD Industries

MAD Industries

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First 2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Another note to consider that we drove this vehicle in some very rugged terrain with drops and big rocks my fitment never hit period for 1/4" or even a 1/2" taller tire it's not worth the aggravation.

JJC_SEL

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Does anyone know if this will work on an Escape, being that they share some suspension similarities? Couldn't wait on the BS so I went with an Escape SEL AWD 2.0, I did 235/65R17 Wildpeaks, probably could have gone slightly larger with a little lift! If anyone can confirm/deny suspension similarities that would be super helpful!

Thanks!
Ford Bronco Sport 4Wheel Parts Leveling Lift Kit info for Bronco Sport IMG_3595_2

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Heyzeus, come back with some details

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
So are 245/65 K02's going to rub? There seems to be conflicting opinions on this one