Woody763

Big Bend
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Acadia
I’ve had my BS about 2 months now. From the first week, I get an occasional 4WD Fault Service Required warning. Everything seems to be running as normal though. It will go off for a while and then in a week or few days be back on. Took to dealer and they said they couldn’t find anything wrong.
Anyone else have this issue or thoughts on the cause?
Sponsored

lbjailer

First Edition
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F150 Lariat 4X4, Bronco Sport First Edition
I’ve had my BS about 2 months now. From the first week, I get an occasional 4WD Fault Service Required warning. Everything seems to be running as normal though. It will go off for a while and then in a week or few days be back on. Took to dealer and they said they couldn’t find anything wrong.
Yea, that doesn't sound right. What I would do though is; using all the GOAT modes, and maybe it will correct the error.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
A little hacky but sometimes works -
Disconnect negative battery terminal, wait a few minutes, reconnect.

If still getting the error message have dealer check again. Sometimes you just have to be persistent. That's why your new vehicle came with a warranty.

Jdog

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco

I just had the same thing happen on my full size Bronco. Did you find a resolution?

OP
OP

Woody763

Big Bend
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Acadia
It stopped doing it, coinciding with a recall fix that I had done. Off the top of my head, it was something to do with sensors.

Sldavid

Big Bend
First Name
Sankalp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I just got a lift done on my bronco sport big bend. 4wd fault error popped up. The mechanics were not able to figure it out. Any idea why it might have happened?

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Message popped up on 2021 Badlands -- seems the same type of message on Explorers where the "front half shaft speed sensor" or "driveline control module" were the cause(s)...

Found part LX6Z-7P238-AANP could be the cure? The 2nd part number is JM5Z7H103B for a speed sensor...
Sponsored

Last edited: