$ 40.00 Bucks for a map update c’mon Ford ???

Xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
I know on Google maps for Android you can download areas of the map ahead of time if you know you'll have spotty or no reception when you get there. Will those maps still show up through Google maps on Android auto if you lose reception? I'm not sure but I assume it would. That would save you the $40 unless you just don't use Android auto or carplay

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Come on guys; it's FREE *OR* $40 shipped to you on a USB drive. As the build 22200 update didn't come through for me over Wi-Fi yesterday, I bought a new USB 3.0 drive at Walgreens for guess what - $39.99. Used it to install the updates I downloaded for free yesterday (22200 and Nav maps, downloaded and installed separately). USB flash drives aren't FREE.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Others have said free 1x ea yr for 5 years....?
Unless Ford changed it's policy from when I purchased the Mustang in 2017, those who purchase OEM navigation get 5 years of traffic updates via XM satellite (just traffic, nothing else from XM unless you pay for it), but only a single map update.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
hate to be the bearer of bad news... all manufacturers do the same thing. It's not Ford. Don't like how they conduct business buy a different manufacturer and find out. I don't even use their nav ordered without it. The phone apps are better anyways.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Got a letter from GM this week. They want $99.00 for an update on my wife’s 18 Tahoe. Think they do theirs every two years.
As others have said, phone has Waze, Google, & Apple Maps so we are covered. (for where we travel).

if I plug in my phone, I can run any of the above on the screen in my BE/OB.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
hate to be the bearer of bad news... all manufacturers do the same thing. It's not Ford. Don't like how they conduct business buy a different manufacturer and find out. I don't even use their nav ordered without it. The phone apps are better anyways.
I can run Google Maps, Waze, and Gaia GPS maps on the 8" screen via Android Auto. If you download off-line maps all of these apps work even when out of cell range. The factory nav system does not include off-road trails like Gaia GPS.

If you haven't looked at the Gaia GPS app yet you're missing out. It's a fantastic app for both hiking AND off-road driving.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
Q2 2021 is still the most current map, but there are ways to get the map update USB created for free (namely, Syn3 updater, which is not created by/affiliated with/etc. FoMoCo).

All you need is a computer running a recent version of Windows and a USB drive large enough to hold the map data (generally 16GB or higher for north American Sync3 APIMs, 32GB+ for European ones).

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Anyone else purchase the map update ???
plus it takes an Hour to install and the car
should be running. Oh Boy.

Ford Bronco Sport $ 40.00 Bucks for a map update c’mon Ford ??? EC086273-5182-4C4D-A386-17E5145A7EEF
Ford Bronco Sport $ 40.00 Bucks for a map update c’mon Ford ??? 3FBDF051-672D-436F-BD01-A108D203EE82
Only $40.00??? Back when they were on a CD, it was over $200.00 and higher to buy the new CD.

Remember, your android or iphone will always have the latest maps. Use them!

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Seems cheap to me. I remember paying $80 years ago to update the nav in my Kia. Of course now days with smart phones I am surprised they even install navigation when your phone can do it all for free. Understand that you have to have cell signal but most places do unless you are way off the beaten path.
Nothing is really free, you do have to pay for your cell phone. Its all relative. I prefer onboard Nav.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Nothing is really free, you do have to pay for your cell phone. Its all relative. I prefer onboard Nav.
Since you are already paying for your cell phone (I'm assuming that 85% or more BS owners have one) and it comes with maps, why pay Ford or anyone else for the map updates?

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Since you are already paying for your cell phone (I'm assuming that 85% or more BS owners have one) and it comes with maps, why pay Ford or anyone else for the map updates?
My point was...your phone doesn't do anything for free, we pay one way or another.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
My point was...your phone doesn't do anything for free, we pay one way or another.
Understood and agreed. No need to pay twice for maps.
Sponsored