360 degree camera

Designermama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
Hi - I'm not having luck finding this info - but it looks like the larger broncos get the 360 birds eye view camera and perhaps the sports do not. Is that correct? @Granger Ford
Sponsored

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
And rear back up camera similar to Escape.

OP
OP
Designermama

Designermama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
yeah bummer that's what i assumed. I was hoping for the birds eye camera.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I’ve never seen the 180 camera in action. How does it work? Does it just show you what’s in front of you while driving at slow speeds?

ive never had the 360 camera either but I’d assume it would be helpful with parking, although parking shouldn’t be that big of an issue in the sport anyways. It would be cool if ford used the 360 camera like Tesla and Cadillac do, where it acts like a security camera and records movement near your vehicle while you are away. I think Lincoln would get that before Ford would though.

OP
OP
Designermama

Designermama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
Why? I’m genuinely curious
Because my garage is partially tucked behind my house making my second stall virtually impossible to park in - so much that we don't even use it but for storage now. I think a 360 would actually allow me to park on that side of the garage without worry of scraping either the house or the middle garage beam because I'd be able to see all sides of the car and back and front.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Because my garage is partially tucked behind my house making my second stall virtually impossible to park in - so much that we don't even use it but for storage now. I think a 360 would actually allow me to park on that side of the garage without worry of scraping either the house or the middle garage beam because I'd be able to see all sides of the car and back and front.
I wish they included FRONT parking sensors too; I don't have any problems parking at tight spots, but I never understand the point of having REAR sensors but no fronts - sure it IS harder to back in than to drive in straight in general, but how much extra would it have cost Ford to put 4 tiny sensors in the front, too?

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Because they wouldn’t stop beeping at red lights and drive-thrus. The BL front camera should be a good alternative to front sensors when parking.
Gosh! never thought of that part re: red lights / drive thrus - but you can turn it off, usually so...

BUT BL front camera: yes - I never thought of using it as an alternative - and one can use it anytime right? OR, does it have to be in one of the GOAT modes or crawl mode?