32,000 miles - should i buy extended warranty?

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Fellow owners - I am on my second BS (hit a deer with my first one - posted here somewhere).
I didn't have a single problem with the first one with 26000 miles.
I haven't had a single issue with this one with 32,000 miles.
Should I buy the extended "bumper to bumper" warranty? (if so - recommendations? I know there's a link somewhere here for a dealer that sells them)
I just haven't heard of any major issues.
Thoughts?
Ford Bronco Sport 32,000 miles - should i buy extended warranty? 1654091990211

[/QUOTE]

Over 54,000 miles and no issues. OB with original tires

Ford Bronco Sport 32,000 miles - should i buy extended warranty? 241F3520-AA96-4B5B-B74D-763B131F0C04
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Ford Bronco Sport 32,000 miles - should i buy extended warranty? 241F3520-AA96-4B5B-B74D-763B131F0C04

[/QUOTE]
My Scorpions barely made 18k

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Fellow owners - I am on my second BS (hit a deer with my first one - posted here somewhere).
I didn't have a single problem with the first one with 26000 miles.
I haven't had a single issue with this one with 32,000 miles.
Should I buy the extended "bumper to bumper" warranty? (if so - recommendations? I know there's a link somewhere here for a dealer that sells them)
I just haven't heard of any major issues.
Thoughts?
Ford Bronco Sport 32,000 miles - should i buy extended warranty? 1654091990211
The Bronco Sport engines are direct injection. I've done alot of reading about these engines. They are prone to expensive maintenance and repairs early in their life cycle. I would not have one that has no warranty. Do some more research.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
The Bronco Sport engines are direct injection. I've done alot of reading about these engines. They are prone to expensive maintenance and repairs early in their life cycle. I would not have one that has no warranty. Do some more research.
Do these "warranties" also cover "maintenance"?

I don't know that they have completely solved the issue of the intake valves getting coated in sludge but I believe they have done a lot in order to reduce it. IIRC choosing the correct motor oil will go a long way to preventing this issue.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Should have ordered a new one around 25k miles and it would have been here around 35k miles 🤣

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
Do these "warranties" also cover "maintenance"?

I don't know that they have completely solved the issue of the intake valves getting coated in sludge but I believe they have done a lot in order to reduce it. IIRC choosing the correct motor oil will go a long way to preventing this issue.
No - they dont cover the scheduled maintenance.

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
Well - the engine is covered for 100K. is the"other" stuff that i'm concerned with. ekectronics, sensors, motors, etc...

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3

[/QUOTE]
My Falken are still good at 31k but getting noisier...

Reactions: MJE

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
You should look into Zeigler Ford for the extended warranty.

Their prices are good, they offer 0% financing, or a $250 discount if you pay in full.

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Well - the engine is covered for 100K. is the"other" stuff that i'm concerned with. ekectronics, sensors, motors, etc...
When I get mine I will make sure it's always covered with some kind of warranty.

Ford Bronco Sport 32,000 miles - should i buy extended warranty? Screenshot_20220602-162833_Gallery

DBBLTAP

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 MFE (Mighty Ford Escape)
I'll be getting an extended warranty at about the same mileage point you're at. I usually keep my vehicles a long time. At 1K miles I had a failure of my turbo wastegate actuator, and several SYNC 3 screen failures (caused by the control module): both fixed now.

I'm not sure about the terms & conditions of the Ford warranties, buuut .... on our Genesis GV70, the warranty is transferrable to the new owner. We'll get our money back on the resale!

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
As with all insurance, buying an extended warranty is betting against the house -- and the house always wins (overall).

The underwriter has all of the info we have, and much more. They are aware of any particular issues on any given make & model. They know the average cost of repairs and charge significantly more than that amount so the seller gets a fat commission and the warranty company makes a huge profit.

Sure, some people who buy extended warranties are "winners", but the majority are losers. The perception is skewed because the losers keep quiet but the winners broadcast far and wide. For every person who got a new transmission there are many, many more who never use their warranty because they have no covered failures, or if they do, the cost is below the deductible amount.

It's best to be self-insured for everything you can handle financially. That's why some large organizations and corporations are self-insured -- it saves money. Most of us must purchase auto and/or health and/or life and/or homeowners insurance -- but many people can cover smaller potential expenses.

The one reason to consider an extended warranty is peace of mind. If a person -- knowing that they will most likely not get their money back -- decides that they are OK with that because at least their cost for repairs is limited (to the cost of the warranty + any deductibles + interest if financed) then a warranty may make sense for them.

I imagine Ford's warranty is pretty good, but there are plenty of horror stories about warranty companies that refuse to pay; go bankrupt; require a lot of paperwork; or exclude a lot of failure-prone parts in the tiny grey print.

Buyer beware.

Last edited:
OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
Just for the record - i did ended up getting one from the folks suggested here that sell the warranties cheaper. For $1500 I am covered almost bumper to bumper through 125k miles. As much as i'm driving - I'm ok with that. Thanks to all of your help!

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just for the record - i did ended up getting one from the folks suggested here that sell the warranties cheaper. For $1500 I am covered almost bumper to bumper through 125k miles. As much as i'm driving - I'm ok with that. Thanks to all of your help!
I’d like to know how this is working out. How many miles now? Any issues? Did extended warranty help?
Sponsored