32,000 miles - should i buy extended warranty?

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
Fellow owners - I am on my second BS (hit a deer with my first one - posted here somewhere).
I didn't have a single problem with the first one with 26000 miles.
I haven't had a single issue with this one with 32,000 miles.
Should I buy the extended "bumper to bumper" warranty? (if so - recommendations? I know there's a link somewhere here for a dealer that sells them)
I just haven't heard of any major issues.
Thoughts?
Ford Bronco Sport 32,000 miles - should i buy extended warranty? 1654091990211
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Fellow owners - I am on my second BS (hit a deer with my first one - posted here somewhere).
Should I buy the extended "bumper to bumper" warranty? (if so - recommendations? I know there's a link somewhere here for a dealer that sells them)
Thoughts?
Like wow, that's a lot of driving..... This thread will help, I'm sure it would be worth the money, else trade it in every 3 years at least.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/extended-warranty-service-plan-aftermarket-vs-ford.1721/

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
We might have a highest mileage of all forum members winner here? And no problems either...

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Anything you buy, is meant as a profit to the seller. So, a warranty, is meant for the seller to benefit by offering it.
However, many cannot risk the out-of-pocket expense if something major happens. Thus, I always answer the warranty question with the question, are you fiscally able to pay if something happens? If so, then I would not see the risk/reward ratio as beneficial.

Special note: for some makers, like BMW and Mercedes, I do buy it because every small thing is very expensive.

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
Oh no. You just didn’t say the I’ve had no problems thing out loud?

Yes, buy it quickly
Oh oH - apparently i just jinxed myself...? Look - two busted windshield and a deer should be all the troubles i have!

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
Like wow, that's a lot of driving..... This thread will help, I'm sure it would be worth the money, else trade it in every 3 years at least.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/extended-warranty-service-plan-aftermarket-vs-ford.1721/
Because i can work from anywhere during COVID I've driven to the west coast twice, to Colorado a bunch of times, to the Florida keys, to pennsilvania, and this weekend to DC. It has been to the beaaches everywhere, grand canyon, yosemite, PCH...That's what it is for! Car camping MOST of the time!

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
Anything you buy, is meant as a profit to the seller. So, a warranty, is meant for the seller to benefit by offering it.
However, many cannot risk the out-of-pocket expense if something major happens. Thus, I always answer the warranty question with the question, are you fiscally able to pay if something happens? If so, then I would not see the risk/reward ratio as beneficial.

Special note: for some makers, like BMW and Mercedes, I do buy it because every small thing is very expensive.
I agree. I never bought warrantky for ANY of my vehicles before and been lucky not to need any major repair. I treat them well. But on my first BS i did buy it because i knew i was going to put 100k miles quickly. However - when i replaced after the deer, i opted to wait and see... So if any problems come up to be more than $2500 (cost of warranty) - then i lost the gamble

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
We might have a highest mileage of all forum members winner here? And no problems either...
combined with the two BS's - maybe...

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I agree. I never bought warrantky for ANY of my vehicles before and been lucky not to need any major repair. I treat them well. But on my first BS i did buy it because i knew i was going to put 100k miles quickly. However - when i replaced after the deer, i opted to wait and see... So if any problems come up to be more than $2500 (cost of warranty) - then i lost the gamble
$2500 is a bit high. Got my 8/100k/$100 deductible with fobs, lights, rental for $1840 from Granger Ford online. @Granger Ford . Granted you are going to be getting a much higher mileage plan for your use, $2500 does sound about right I guess.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Thoughts?
If you don't live in Florida search online for Flood Ford. I've seen on other Ford forums they have good pricing. Also think on this forum Granger had cost+$50 but that may be limited to at time of purchase. In FL warranty is considered "insurance" and you have to be licensed in FL to sell warranties.

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
$2500 is a bit high. Got my 8/100k/$100 deductible with fobs, lights, rental for $1840 from Granger Ford online. @Granger Ford . Granted you are going to be getting a much higher mileage plan for your use, $2500 does sound about right I guess.
Thanks - that's bumper-to-bumper items?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Thoughts?
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/ford-protect-esp-extended-service-plan-50-over-dealer-cost.5334/

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

People always get the extended because they finance it and it changes thier monthly payment $30-$40 so they think it's a deal but really are paying interest on it as well. I guarantee if you were to put that money in your drawer every month you will have more than enough for a repair when needed.
I never get the extended warranty, tire insurance, etc etc. I'll take my chances EVERYTIME 🙏🤞🤙💪