Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
If there is already a similar thread already i apologize.

I recently put on 245/65/17 Wildpeak AT3W on my badlands and they look amazing! especially coming from the pirellis. parked on pavement no rub at all at full lock, gets pretty close tho. id imagine these will rub at full articulation and at full lock but in that case i donā€™t think it will be that much of an issue. i did some light / moderate off-roading yesterday, big moguls and some rocky fire roads with some good elevation gain ā€” no noticeable rubbing.

The off-roading i did yesterday is probably gonna be the type of stuff i will be doing most of the time. So in that regard i should not have any problems without a lift.

That being said iā€™ll try to go out and do an articulation test for you guys soon to see if these rub. If you guys have any specific recommendations on the best way you would like to see it tested let me know and iā€™ll try to get that done for you as best i can.

Ford Bronco Sport 245/65/17 Wildpeak AT3W on Badlands stock suspension FB559514-B05C-4F88-98E0-A565D9A5206F
Ford Bronco Sport 245/65/17 Wildpeak AT3W on Badlands stock suspension 829045AB-F25E-42A9-A508-4B95F03559FB
Ford Bronco Sport 245/65/17 Wildpeak AT3W on Badlands stock suspension 36CE4492-1D1C-4296-AA8B-5FF8B60D3570
Ford Bronco Sport 245/65/17 Wildpeak AT3W on Badlands stock suspension CF9C1347-5670-4C72-998B-D67A55AAB594
Sponsored

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
wish i took more photos on this trip, was caught up in the moment finding this new trail.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If there is already a similar thread already i apologize.

I recently put on 245/65/17 Wildpeak AT3W on my badlands and they look amazing! especially coming from the pirellis. parked on pavement no rub at all at full lock, gets pretty close tho. id imagine these will rub at full articulation and at full lock but in that case i donā€™t think it will be that much of an issue. i did some light / moderate off-roading yesterday, big moguls and some rocky fire roads with some good elevation gain ā€” no noticeable rubbing.

The off-roading i did yesterday is probably gonna be the type of stuff i will be doing most of the time. So in that regard i should not have any problems without a lift.

That being said iā€™ll try to go out and do an articulation test for you guys soon to see if these rub. If you guys have any specific recommendations on the best way you would like to see it tested let me know and iā€™ll try to get that done for you as best i can.

Ford Bronco Sport 245/65/17 Wildpeak AT3W on Badlands stock suspension FB559514-B05C-4F88-98E0-A565D9A5206F
Ford Bronco Sport 245/65/17 Wildpeak AT3W on Badlands stock suspension 829045AB-F25E-42A9-A508-4B95F03559FB
Ford Bronco Sport 245/65/17 Wildpeak AT3W on Badlands stock suspension 36CE4492-1D1C-4296-AA8B-5FF8B60D3570
Ford Bronco Sport 245/65/17 Wildpeak AT3W on Badlands stock suspension CF9C1347-5670-4C72-998B-D67A55AAB594
How much has your gas mileage been affected?

SAcobra427

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT, 2005 F350 DRW Diesel
Any Idea how much the speedo is off now if you had the 225's on it from new ? I would imagine you are going faster than the speedometer reads now.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Any Idea how much the speedo is off now if you had the 225's on it from new ? I would imagine you are going faster than the speedometer reads now.
thereā€™s a speedo calculator i saw someone post that says at 70mph reading, real speed is about 72.5 / 73mph. not exact numbers from the chart but it was something along those lines, iā€™m comfortable with those numbers but will want to get it reconfigured whenever i get the chance

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
How much has your gas mileage been affected?
i forgot to reset mpg calculations, will try to test it asap.

on the pirellis i was averaging 23.8 ish mpg including some short off-roading(1hr total) once or twice a week.

my mpgs dropped on my current trip to 23.6 but iā€™m sure thatā€™s because i went off-roading twice back to back days with decent elevation gain.

will get back to you soon on this.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I basically have the same setup, except I have Falken Rubitrek tires with Raceline rims

Ford Bronco Sport 245/65/17 Wildpeak AT3W on Badlands stock suspension 20210313_170047

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Jnbass,
Yes, 245/65/17's, stock susrension.

Ghostdog

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Looks sick! Iā€™m hesitant to get a lift kit right now, so sticking with stock suspension on my BL seems like a better bet. Especially when youā€™re already running what I wanted to run.

Howā€™s the clearance after running this for a while? Still no rubbing issues? Did you get a speedo recalibration? Did you get an accurate count on the new MPG?

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Looks sick! Iā€™m hesitant to get a lift kit right now, so sticking with stock suspension on my BL seems like a better bet. Especially when youā€™re already running what I wanted to run.

Howā€™s the clearance after running this for a while? Still no rubbing issues? Did you get a speedo recalibration? Did you get an accurate count on the new MPG?
thank you! yes the look of the car has drastically changed with the meatier tires. i do notice 235 vs 245 wildpeaks at3ws are different not just by size but the 245 sidewall seems a lot more meaty, not sure why.

clearance i think technically gives me about .5ā€ extra than previous being an inch taller than 225. no rubbing issues that iā€™m aware of, but iā€™ve taken it on about 95% of the terrain iā€™m expected to go on so iā€™m pretty confident there will be no rubbing ā€˜issuesā€™ for my real world off-roading. iā€™ve taken this on steep rutted hill climbs / drops. rocky / bumpy roads, etc.

i havenā€™t done speedo calibration nor get an accurate mpg reading, but how it reads as is (with a decent amount of off roading mixed in with city / highway) is 22.4 mpg with my wheel and tire combo. i donā€™t have any other mods rn. iā€™m assuming actual mpg should be a little higher. when stock, i was getting around 23.5mpg with off-roading mixed in

Ghostdog

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
thank you! yes the look of the car has drastically changed with the meatier tires. i do notice 235 vs 245 wildpeaks at3ws are different not just by size but the 245 sidewall seems a lot more meaty, not sure why.

clearance i think technically gives me about .5ā€ extra than previous being an inch taller than 225. no rubbing issues that iā€™m aware of, but iā€™ve taken it on about 95% of the terrain iā€™m expected to go on so iā€™m pretty confident there will be no rubbing ā€˜issuesā€™ for my real world off-roading. iā€™ve taken this on steep rutted hill climbs / drops. rocky / bumpy roads, etc.

i havenā€™t done speedo calibration nor get an accurate mpg reading, but how it reads as is (with a decent amount of off roading mixed in with city / highway) is 22.4 mpg with my wheel and tire combo. i donā€™t have any other mods rn. iā€™m assuming actual mpg should be a little higher. when stock, i was getting around 23.5mpg with off-roading mixed in
thatā€™s awesome, man! Iā€™m definitely jealous! Now I know what I wanna get for sure!
Sponsored